Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jan 27, 13 at 5:36amPedigree

IE10 looks and works good. No bull.

Quite surprised, tbh. IE 9 worked fine but it still had some bugs.

So far, I'm bug free with my IE10 usage.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 06, 13 at 8:35am
Freeze

quote Redemption
Still waiting for IE10 to be final before switching. I already know today IE10 fixes a few very annoying bugs in IE8/IE9 so I'm happy. Wish they'd port it all the way down to XP though. I know its a lot of work for them, but the world suffers greatly by MS not doing this.
Partly agree and partly disagree about the port... To be honest, in these 'modern' days and technology having improved so much people should just drop XP in favour of 7/8 which has been improved by miles.
I don't see any benefit from having XP to be honest. People are scared of change and don't like to "fix what wasn't broken", but still, change isn't a bad thing when it's W7/8 compared to XP.

Feb 05, 13 at 7:41pm
Redemption

Still waiting for IE10 to be final before switching. I already know today IE10 fixes a few very annoying bugs in IE8/IE9 so I'm happy. Wish they'd port it all the way down to XP though. I know its a lot of work for them, but the world suffers greatly by MS not doing this.

Feb 05, 13 at 4:39pm
Adam3k3

While IE has evolved, I still prefer Chrome do to its extension and smoothness as well as security.

Feb 04, 13 at 2:06pm
harhis23

I stopped using Internet Explorer ever since it was in version 6; that's the time Google Chrome started to become popular. I don't know if IE could ever outperform Mozilla Firefox but for me, I'm stuck with either Firefox or Chrome. I would rather use Opera than IE.

Jan 29, 13 at 6:05pm
harbin

I only use Firefox because I've not been bothered enough to switch. Doing so would mean having to (easily) port all cookies, browser settings, bookmarks over to Chrome, and find equivalent addons for it. Adblocker is easy but there are a few others I like I'm not sure are available in Chrome.

Performance wise though, Firefox has deteriorated fast. I know it has real time scanning, but when I download a file, I don't expect the browser to temporarily hang for about 2 mins. Not to mention the damn awful image viewer now.

Jan 29, 13 at 3:11pm
walnuts

quote Dynamite
The only thing that IE is missing right now is addons on par with Chrome or FF. I do miss some of them.
This so much - if they could add that, it'd be a much better (and more popular) browser.

IE10 is my 'second' browser now, with Chrome still out in front for me. Firefox has just completely dropped off my radar - it has become so bloated it's not funny.

Jan 29, 13 at 9:59am
Dynamite

I use IE10 on Windows when I use it. It's perfectly fine and seems to have come a long way. I think the TPLs may actually be better from a privacy perspective than other browsers. The only thing that IE is missing right now is addons on par with Chrome or FF. I do miss some of them.
quote harbin
I do think that if Microsoft want to regain market share with Internet Explorer, they should adopt a different update model for it. The other major browsers update on a regular basis to improve performance, security or add features such as support for CSS3, HTML5, etc.. whereas IE gets a major update periodically (usually two IE releases per Windows release
Dear God, no thanks. One of the reasons I switched back to IE on Windows is because I was fed up of the continual updates pushed by other browsers which ended up breaking previously functional stuff or causing issues with Flash. I'm more than happy with them pushing critical security fixes only and keeping the major release branch otherwise stable.

Jan 29, 13 at 7:33am
sxyplaygirl69hn

Come'on guys, Microsoft has really put some effort in this version of Internet Explorer.
Ever since Chrome appeared I stopped using IE (it was the Vista era if I remember correctly) and I was quite surprised on how the Metro & desktop version performs in Win 8. It loads fast, there are no more random error pop-up windows whenever you open a webpage and so on.

I was part of the non-believer group, until I actually bought a new laptop which came bundled with IE 10. I said to my self, what the heck, I guess that I should at least try it and see if anything changed. Most of the time, this version feels as snappy as Chrome is.

Jan 29, 13 at 7:08am
harbin

quote ComputerEd
At the end of the day however my gripe with the internet is not the browser but rather the site developers. Everyone seems to want to optimize to a browser, why not just use the standards and be done so everyone works right?
If sites are developed to standards then there shouldn't need to be any optimisation for browsers though, but the problem with that is that each browser conforms to standards slightly differently. Text rendering is done differently each browser, some browsers display 'thin, medium or thick' differently unless you try and account for that in the CSS, and certain browsers support different things in CSS3 and HTML5 making it selective at times.

Jan 29, 13 at 6:54am
ComputerEd

I think the browser war as of right now is a wash. IE 10 is a solid choice and worth of going against Chrome. Firefox is falling off the radar, Opera is all but dead and Safari is getting better but still behind the curve.

At the end of the day however my gripe with the internet is not the browser but rather the site developers. Everyone seems to want to optimize to a browser, why not just use the standards and be done so everyone works right?