Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » disappointing final boss? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Jan 26, 13 at 9:48amDQ junkee

I found that the final boss what a bit lackluster for all the buildup to it, especially when compared to the crazy fight against Handsome Jack. Part of the reason it was boring was because there was a spot you could stand where nothing could touch you. I don't know if that was fixed in a patch or something, but it made the fight ridiculously easy. Even if you did walk onto the actual arena, there was almost no way to actually avoid its attacks. It also had the problem Bunker did. Having way too much health and no way to deal significant damage to it. Yes there were places you could hit it to do crits, but there were no true weak points, or attacks it would do to leave itself vulnerable for a few seconds.

However, it did drop some pretty sweet loot.

So what did you think of the boss? Is there a faster way to beat it i'm not seeing?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 21, 13 at 9:01am
bridbrown

on average i kill the vault in less than a minute.

Feb 04, 13 at 7:48am
MLongfellowDeeds

The Warrior was actually a tough fight in my second playthrough with my Commando. I had some not great weapons and it showed. I didn't really have anything that could do a lot of damage to him considering my best weapons were fire. I ended up dying and kept trying anything I could throw at him...I died a second time and cheesed it from the drop in point with my Slag Veruc which still took a good amount of time to whittle him down. The Sabre Turret was next to useless considering it mainly took care to those 'oh so lethal' birds flying above.

If you have a really good build then it's a fairly easy fight but the Commando lacks in damage output compared to the rest of the characters.

The thing I like about the Warrior fight is he looks awesome and it's nice to have a giant intimidating final boss. He can do some good damage to you if don't have the right setup, otherwise he is fairly easy to beat. With that said, don't most BL players want a fairly easy final boss? I mean, he arguably drops some of the best loot in the game, so how frustrating would it be to want to farm for the CC or the Volcano or whatever and die several times just to kill him once for that chance at a legendary...assuming he had more health/more powerful attacks/random ways of attacking, etc. That wouldn't really be fair to those who are not hardcore gamers and just play the game for fun. As for me, if I want to fight a boss like that then I'll try my luck at a raid boss.

Feb 01, 13 at 2:55pm
Chrono_TRIGG3R

I just stood in the corner of the map and laid a rain of bullets on him.It's just too easy.Even Badass Constructors are a bigger challenge than The Warrior

Jan 27, 13 at 10:58pm
Coi Cki

I wouldn't say disappointing, but The Warrior could've been more... special. On the first time it took me a good 30 mins to bring it down, due to not having powerful guns on me.

Jan 27, 13 at 4:49pm
Nightmare Samurai

I actually thought Jack was lackluster and the Warrior was alright.
I ripped Jack a new asshole pretty quickly.
The Warrior took a little while since my best guns at the time were Incendiary.

Jan 27, 13 at 6:24am
overlordlaharl134

quote LloydToS
When I first faught Jack and the Warrior I actually melted jack's face in about 5 seconds so I don't really know how awesome he is, haven't done him a second time yet. But the warrior felt quite nice the first time. I do have to agree that most bosses aren't that special in terms of how games such as Zelda deal with bosses, making them truly unique. But I think that's something very common in a majority of games. After I farmed the warrior a few times I did start to realize he is actually insane easy and rather dull.
Just to tell you, The Handsome Jack fight involves Jack fighting you alongside clones(who, from what i can tell, are shorter than him) and he can go invisible or go behide a shield to make you fight off the clones.....i personally didn't really think it was that great, but people seem to like it.

Jan 27, 13 at 5:26am
Largerock

I only liked, Knuckledragger, Boom Bewm and Handsome Jack as bosses. The warrior LOOKED epic but the fight....was not that epic.

Jan 27, 13 at 4:13am
LloydToS

When I first faught Jack and the Warrior I actually melted jack's face in about 5 seconds so I don't really know how awesome he is, haven't done him a second time yet. But the warrior felt quite nice the first time. I do have to agree that most bosses aren't that special in terms of how games such as Zelda deal with bosses, making them truly unique. But I think that's something very common in a majority of games. After I farmed the warrior a few times I did start to realize he is actually insane easy and rather dull.

Jan 26, 13 at 9:39pm
DQ junkee

quote Shadow of Death
A similar process could be applied to most bosses in the game. The point is to kill them before they kill you isn't it? Most bosses and enemies in general in this game are fairly predictable. They go after you and try to murdilize you.
This brings up another point I was discussing with my friend. I personally found all the bosses in this game to be a bit boring. Honestly, in my opinion Knuckledragger was the most well designed boss. Yes, he did only have like 2 attacks, but I thought it was fun because he didn't just shoot at you like every other (story) boss in the game except for bloodwing. Take Bunker for example, it was easily one of the most boring bosses i have ever fought in my life. It only had a few moves as well, but unlike Knuckledragger the moves weren't varied. "he's shooting at us again, let's take cover" "oh he's firing missiles, let's take cover". couple this with the fact that it had WAY too much health and no way to do significant damage to it, like warrior, and this boss became extremely repetitive.

please don't think that i don't enjoy this game, i have a shit ton of fun playing it, i just feel that the bosses could have been designed a bit better.

Jan 26, 13 at 8:45pm
Shadow of Death

quote DQ junkee
quote Shadow of Death
Simple solution DQ junkee - Don't exploit the map to kill the Warrior if you find it so boring.
As i said, even if you don't exploit the map, the boss is incredibly repetitive and tedious.

boss uses fire breath

take damage

shoot at it

boss uses slag tail

take damage

shoot at it.

repeat until it is dead
A similar process could be applied to most bosses in the game. The point is to kill them before they kill you isn't it? Most bosses and enemies in general in this game are fairly predictable. They go after you and try to murdilize you.