Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » Windows 7 sometimes doesnt load » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jan 26, 13 at 4:53amGligar

Ive been experiencing this for about a 1 week. basically, after logging into my windows 7 credentials, a black screen appears. Ive waited for about 5 minutes for the desktop to appear but it doesn't. Ive tried going into task manager by ctrl + alt + del and nothing. I have to maunally turn on my computer. This probably happens about 3-4 times a week.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 04, 13 at 2:03pm
harhis23

If it's occasional, then I think it's not software-related, otherwise it would happen more often than a few times a week. there is a greater possibility that it is a hardware problem. I suspect the power supply is the one causing this. But we really cannot be sure, can we?

If you know someone who might be able to diagnose the problem well, you better employ his services to make sure. And yes, if it were software problem reformatting and reinstalling fresh copy of OS might work, but then here goes backing all those data and games!

Feb 01, 13 at 11:57am
Gligar

Its hasnt happened since the day I posted this so I guess its alright now but nonetheless, i'll take your advices in account.

Anyways, how does a file become corrupted?

Feb 01, 13 at 10:09am
Northern49

You might be able to fix it using the Windows disc, startup repair, or a special command prompt command. I'm not sure. Never investigated.

Jan 28, 13 at 5:21pm
Duncan Idaho

My guess is that somehow a system file is corrupted, or similar, i used to have this problem due to windows not properly shuting down when it should, an other option is that a virus snuck in onto your PC

Jan 28, 13 at 2:13pm
Northern49

It's actually usually a software problem with this issue. I still don't know what the cause of it is, but I use to work as a computer technician, and its a common problem, especially with Windows Vista.

Jan 26, 13 at 8:03pm
Elmarcoz

This does sound alot like a hardware problem, as any software related problem usually gives an error of some sort before booting down or becoming none-respondent and such.
just in case it is a software problem though, might I suggest a Repair Install?
As far as I know, a repair install won't cause you to lose anything and works by finding the damaged/missing files and replacing/adding new ones.
Once you've tried a repair install, you can rule out it being a software problem.

However, as others have said, it does sound a lot like a hardware issue.

Jan 26, 13 at 6:56pm
Pedigree

There could be many reasons for it. But I'd put my money on bad hardware.

Jan 26, 13 at 4:57pm
Gligar

Yh I was thinking of that but cant really be bothered going through the hassle of backing everything up.

Btw, out of curiosity, how does this happen? I mean Windows is following a set of instructions/codes thqt it follows so why does it sometimes load and sometimes doesn't? Theoretically speaking, there shouldn't be any problems since computers just follow instructions and if your instructions are precise then I dont see why the computer fails to load....

Jan 26, 13 at 2:27pm
Northern49

I'm not 100% sure on the cause of this problem, but I can tell you reinstalling Windows will solve it.

Jan 26, 13 at 4:53am
Gligar

Ive been experiencing this for about a 1 week. basically, after logging into my windows 7 credentials, a black screen appears. Ive waited for about 5 minutes for the desktop to appear but it doesn't. Ive tried going into task manager by ctrl + alt + del and nothing. I have to maunally turn on my computer. This probably happens about 3-4 times a week.