Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » Youtube videos are playing like crap » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 25, 13 at 4:19amhiigaran

this has been going on for a while, and quite frankly, im sick of it. i cant listen to music on youtube anymore, because every second or two, i get a sort of stutterting. hard to describe it, but its more like it pauses for a small fraction of a second, then resumes sound again, but sometimes it can happen multiple times in quick succession, and it sounds like the music has been slowed down for that brief moment. currently im working around it by downloading any music i might be interested in, and playing it perfectly find in my media player, or just putting up with it (for instance, when i am watching a tv episode or something).

any ideas? cant be a slow system because mine is high end and overclocked (stability isnt an issue...same issues at stock settings), so it must be something on youtube.

similar issues seem to happen on other sites with flash content, so it must be flash, but they are nowhere near as bad as youtube. one minor 'pause' issue once every...perhaps 10 seconds or so? so it sounds like it must be flash being its shitty self, but i dont suppose there is a way to roll back or anything?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 09, 13 at 11:55pm
youtubegamer

I used to have the same situation, but that's my network problem, I use proxy to login youtube, maybe you should check with your ISP.

Mar 02, 13 at 11:42am
hiigaran

i think so. at least, i havent had any problems so far.

Mar 02, 13 at 10:46am
Freeze

So did it do the trick?

Mar 01, 13 at 2:57pm
hiigaran

wait a sec...does flash support gpu acceleration? and if so, can it be turned off?

EDIT: yes, it does. disabled it. going to see if that does anything.

Mar 01, 13 at 2:52pm
Freeze

So no memory leaks, no difference in re-installing flash (which supports no memory leaks) and no cpu spikes.. Have you tried flash games to see if they do the same thing?
I'm thinking either still in flash or your gpu isn't playing nicely with flash.

Mar 01, 13 at 12:29pm
hiigaran

nah, this one persists.

Mar 01, 13 at 12:29pm
Freeze

quote hiigaran
it was one of the first things i did.

i dont know if it is a coincidence, but it doesnt happen when i first start up my computer. yet, memory consumption is fine, and theres no reason why the cpu should have any issues.
Knowing your history of unexplainable and unsolvable problems I reckon your PC magically fixed this one after several days as well?

Feb 05, 13 at 4:32pm
Adam3k3

I have noticed this for sometime and I'm not the only one. Some videos play better than others for unknown reason. This also happens across all my players from Android, iPhone, Mac and PC.

Feb 05, 13 at 10:53am
hiigaran

it was one of the first things i did.

i dont know if it is a coincidence, but it doesnt happen when i first start up my computer. yet, memory consumption is fine, and theres no reason why the cpu should have any issues.

Feb 05, 13 at 10:48am
Freeze

hiigaran it's probably just Flash player messing with you man... I had the same thing once.

Just uninstall (preferably via Revo Uninstaller) Flash player, download and re-install.