Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Two Pro players recieve permanent bans from competing » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Jan 24, 13 at 12:52pmLorx

For the first time ever, Riot has permanently banned two pro-level players from competing in any tournaments. As you might expect, this carries much more weight than any permanent ban placed on normal players, as they will not ever be able to compete on stage again. The two players were both members of Team Solo Mebdi, an EU circuit team that was set to compete in the upcoming qualifiers. Because of the bans placed on their players, Mebdi has been disqualified from the Qualifiers, and will be replaced with another team. As of about four hours ago, Mebdi also announced they will be disbanding.

From how YamatoCannon, the team captain, explains it, the team and Riot were both well aware of the (rather bad) history for the now banned players from the start last year. The players were told in no uncertain terms that they were treading on thin ice, and they were being monitored closely. Riot has released on the official EUW forums what resulted in the player bans, though it is not specified how much of it is actually new, and how much of it is the baggage. Though there is quite a few mentions for very-late December, which is a couple months after the notice from Riot to Mebdi about the past behavior of their players.

The first ruling released was for StunnedandSlayed, who is apparently somewhat of a legend in EUW for his "DarkwinJax" alt-account, which has the highest harassment score ever recorded on EUW, bar none. In addition, he also has two other permanently banned accounts, and threatened in-game to physically harm other players as well as a Riot employee. So, needless to say, he's gone.

Player number two is Veigodx, who has also been reported many times for attitude problems, and has accumulated two permanently banned alts. The main reason for his ban however appears to be that he actively DDOS'd other pro players, purposefully of course, and would admit it on League. If there is any easier way to get banned than hacking other players, I've never heard of it.

As an addition to these two permanent removals from the competitive scene, a third player of Team Solo Mebdi has also been announced as receiving a one-year competitive ban. The player, Rayt3ch, is currently in the top 0.01% for harassment scores on EU accounts, both West and East.

From the announcements, it appears while all three players are banned indefinitely from playing any tournaments, their accounts, and ability to play normally, are in a slightly different bowl. StunnedandSlayed's account is apparently up in the air in the Tribunal right now;
quote Riot
StunnedandSlayed has been reported in 18% of total matches and is currently before the Tribunal for a possible permaban.
Whereas Rayt3ch's account is permanently canned, though his competitive ban only lasts one year. The announcement for Veigodx didn't contain any information as to the fate of his account. Kind of wish Riot would tie competitive bans to normal bans, if that's what it takes to get permanently canned from competing, I don't want to see them in normals either.

Sadly this all came at horrible, horrible timing for Mebdi, YamatoCannon mentioned it was the day of their flight to the upcoming Qualifiers, which they are now banned from anyway. Ouch.

Official Accouncement on EUW site
YamatoCannon's statement
bluexy this is something you probably want to know.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 25, 13 at 10:41am
Lorx

quote RazeHell
quote Lorx
Player number two is Veigodx, who has also been reported many times for attitude problems, and has accumulated two permanently banned alts. The main reason for his ban however appears to be that he actively DDOS'd other pro players, purposefully of course, and would admit it on League. If there is any easier way to get banned than hacking other players, I've never heard of it.
Okay I'm interested about how he managed this.

I could have sworn that DDOSing was the result of many users acting together?

If that is the case, how in the world did one guy manage to emulate so many machines?
Depends on:
  • The connection of the person you're trying to get at
  • How much computing power/computers you have to throw at it
It is wholly possible for one person to successfully attack a normal internet user. Even if they don't have the power to completely shut the person's internet out, they can lag it a decent bit.

Jan 25, 13 at 8:11am
Inuyasha

quote harbin
quote Inuyasha
Just because you're a pro doesn't mean you have to act all nice and be a role model. Some people choose this, others like ImaQTPie from Dignitas doesn't stream, isn't the nicest guy (according to Scarra), and doesn't interact with fans. These players were just negative and abusive, to Riot too, above all else.
Yeah but saying that, just because you're a pro doesn't mean that you instantly become superior to everyone including Riot. There is having a banter about how you ended up beating someone badly but then there is just rubbing it in and being plain disrespectedul.
Yes, and the rest of my post addressed that. I completely agree with their punishment towards these players, however I'm not expecting all Pro's to be nice.

Jan 25, 13 at 8:08am
RazeHell

quote Lorx
Okay I'm interested about how he managed this.

I could have sworn that DDOSing was the result of many users acting together?

If that is the case, how in the world did one guy manage to emulate so many machines?

Jan 25, 13 at 7:59am
harbin

quote Inuyasha
Just because you're a pro doesn't mean you have to act all nice and be a role model. Some people choose this, others like ImaQTPie from Dignitas doesn't stream, isn't the nicest guy (according to Scarra), and doesn't interact with fans. These players were just negative and abusive, to Riot too, above all else.
Yeah but saying that, just because you're a pro doesn't mean that you instantly become superior to everyone including Riot. There is having a banter about how you ended up beating someone badly but then there is just rubbing it in and being plain disrespectedul.

Jan 25, 13 at 6:42am
Inuyasha

And of course, alternatively, just because you're a pro doesn't give you a right to rage.

Jan 24, 13 at 4:03pm
ShadowCrystallux

Tbh this should happen sooner. When someone is playing around 300 games every 2 months, and they're making 18%/20% of these games miserable, they deserve to be perma'd. They should not be allowed to use those accounts ever again imo.

Jan 24, 13 at 1:58pm
Rune Ripper

Good riddance to bad rubbish I say.

Jan 24, 13 at 1:34pm
MegaBassMan

All from one team.
What attitude problems, yo.

Jan 24, 13 at 1:26pm
Couttsy

I think from the sounds of it they deserved it, every bit of it.

and i agree, i wish when they got banned from playing professionally they could also get banned from normals

Jan 24, 13 at 1:21pm
BluAnimal

Unfortunate for them but I don't really see how you could rage that hard. Especially a competitive level player, you should be expected to have good behavior and be a role model for other players. And his username had Jax in it. Bad image for the grandmaster.