Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Gaming PC Build » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.

hideOriginal Post

Jan 21, 13 at 9:28pmkarmakode

I am going to start in on my first PC build soon, and I need some help getting it all going. I'm looking for something that can handle heavy gaming, and possibly simultaneous recording or streaming. Budget isn't really an issue, as I will be buying the parts over a period of a month or two.

I'm rather new to the hardware side of computers, and am feeling kind of overwhelmed by all this, but I have a basic idea of what I'm looking for

Hard Drive: Preferably 500 Gigabytes or more, Solid State Drive
Graphics: NVidia preferred
Processor: Dual-core or better
RAM: At least 8 Gigabytes, 16 if possible

I have no idea about what power supply or cooling method to use, and I don't know about motherboards. I have had bad experiences with AMD equipment in the past, so I don't want any of them.

Thanks in advance, and I will be happy to answer any more questions.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 30, 13 at 3:05pm
Shiny Mew

quote karmakode
Thanks for the help guys, the parts look great! Just 2 final questions:

Do you recommend a specific manufacturer/model for the DVD burner, or will any do?

I'm also looking for a good headphone/microphone set. What can I get that's good quality for a decent price?
Samsung, Sony, LG, all fine.
I use Turtle Beach X11's, they're good for gaming because you can use them for consoles too. I know many people are against Turtle Beach for some reason, but I like mine.

Jan 30, 13 at 2:59pm
karmakode

Thanks for the help guys, the parts look great! Just 2 final questions:

Do you recommend a specific manufacturer/model for the DVD burner, or will any do?

I'm also looking for a good headphone/microphone set. What can I get that's good quality for a decent price?

Jan 30, 13 at 1:03pm
Gligar

get at least a 600W PSU just to be safe with that build and there you go

Jan 30, 13 at 8:19am
Shiny Mew

quote harhis23
What do you think of this:

Mobo: Asrock B75 Pro3-M [alternative Gigabyte GA-B75-D3V]
SSD: Plextor M5S 128GB
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570
GPU: Gigabyte 2GB Nvidia Geforce GTX670 OC
RAM: G.Skill Ares 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866
ODD: DVD burner
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 520W
Case: Silverstone TJ08-E
CPU HSF: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
Peripherals: [ 23.6" LG IPS235V ]
You sure 520W PSU will be enough?

Jan 28, 13 at 11:03am
harhis23

What do you think of this:

Mobo: Asrock B75 Pro3-M [alternative Gigabyte GA-B75-D3V]
SSD: Plextor M5S 128GB
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570
GPU: Gigabyte 2GB Nvidia Geforce GTX670 OC
RAM: G.Skill Ares 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866
ODD: DVD burner
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 520W
Case: Silverstone TJ08-E
CPU HSF: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
Peripherals: [ 23.6" LG IPS235V ]

Jan 22, 13 at 2:59pm
karmakode

Crusad3r I have a 64 bit version of Windows 7, but no peripherals.

Jan 22, 13 at 2:46pm
Crusad3r

alright, last question, do you have peripherals and OS already? Or do you need new ones.

Jan 22, 13 at 9:26am
karmakode

Crusad3r My budget is flexible, but I would like to keep it under $1500.

If 500GB is going to be really expensive, I can go to 250 and supplement it with external drives. I really only wanted a SSD for fast read/write for video recording and editing, so storage isn't a big issue.

Yes, Quad-Core would be much better.

As for games, I play a bit of everything, from Minecraft to Amnesia and Black-Ops. I will need heavy CPU and graphics.

Jan 22, 13 at 1:59am
Crusad3r

What's your budget?

Are you sure you want 500gb of SSD? Cause that'll be extremely expensive

Dual Cores are already out of fashion these days except on low end computers, Quad Core sound good?

What kind of games do you play? Stuff like Minecraft will require a lot of CPU power, but is very light on the graphics side, but stuff like Battlefield 3 is quite heavy on the graphics side, but not as heavy on the CPU side.

Jan 21, 13 at 9:28pm
karmakode

I am going to start in on my first PC build soon, and I need some help getting it all going. I'm looking for something that can handle heavy gaming, and possibly simultaneous recording or streaming. Budget isn't really an issue, as I will be buying the parts over a period of a month or two.

I'm rather new to the hardware side of computers, and am feeling kind of overwhelmed by all this, but I have a basic idea of what I'm looking for

Hard Drive: Preferably 500 Gigabytes or more, Solid State Drive
Graphics: NVidia preferred
Processor: Dual-core or better
RAM: At least 8 Gigabytes, 16 if possible

I have no idea about what power supply or cooling method to use, and I don't know about motherboards. I have had bad experiences with AMD equipment in the past, so I don't want any of them.

Thanks in advance, and I will be happy to answer any more questions.