Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Playstation 3 » Sony puts ball in Microsoft's court, asks why go first when competitor can look at your specs and do better » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 21, 13 at 4:28pmRabidChinaGirl

Sony puts ball in Microsoft's court, asks why go first when competitor can look at your specs and do better

Lydia Sung - Monday, January 21, 2013 4:28pm (PST) Like (1) Share
Such is CEO Kaz Hirai's logic
 Image 1
Source: The Times
Alternate Source: IGN
Section: Sony Consoles

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 26, 13 at 10:44pm
DarshD

"Never tell anyone outside your family about what you're thinking" - Vito Corleone, The Godfather.
This was a big mistake of Sony.

Jan 26, 13 at 3:09pm
Fatal Error

I have been wondering about that.. Is the Wii U really selling good at all? Despite its relatively low price, I have barely seen or heard a word about the damn thing. It looks to me like Sony and Microsoft are much more at ease about the next gen now.

Jan 26, 13 at 3:07pm
Raijin1999

I think they're falling back on the 'release first' agenda because Nintendo is *bleep*ing up royally right now and is 'no longer a threat'.

Jan 22, 13 at 11:32pm
Fortitudo

quote Shadow of Death
quote CTTR champion
DAMN YOU WIKIPEDIA!
Has it failed you for the last time?
Nope. Still using it.

Jan 22, 13 at 8:38pm
Shadow of Death

quote CTTR champion
DAMN YOU WIKIPEDIA!
Has it failed you for the last time?

Jan 22, 13 at 8:12pm
Zombie_Barioth

quote batsman
Zombie_Barioth

The new xbox is rumored to be capable of 1.2 TFLOPS or something
And the new playstation about 1.8

In comparison the PS3 is capable of 2 TFLOPS
Haven't really kept up with the PS4 rumors lately, if the rumors are true its not off by too much at least.

Jan 22, 13 at 7:58pm
Existence

Didn't the PS3 overtake the 360 in sales a month or so ago?

Anyway, I doubt it matters much who announces first. The important thing is to release first.

Jan 22, 13 at 6:58pm
BlackScythe

quote already
quote BlackScythe
Specs really don't matter. There is like one or two console exclusives that anyone cares about each year, the rest are multiplatform. Multiplatform games will be designed to work on both consoles and will be roughly the same in effeciency.

After the near flop of the PS3 with its higher specs that really didn't make a difference, high price point, and poor launch exclusives. I can assure you that waiting to charge more for your product is a bad idea.

quote Mnmfan
The PS2 dominated over Xbox yet when the 360 arrived almost a full year before the PS3 most people jumped ship over to Xbox 360 purely because they wanted a next gen machine. The PS3 has been playing catch up ever since.
Consumers don't care about specs, they just want the newest tech.
Hmm I waited a while before buying a console this generation. I am a fan of RPG's so I got the PS3 without thinking about it, only to find that 6 months in there wasn't a single one on the horizon but FF13 (which was multiplatform) while the 360 had Blue Dragon and Mass Effect with Lost Oddessy on the way?

I traded my PS3 in for a 360 a few months after buying it. It had nothing to do with specs and everything to do with the PS3 having a terrible gaming selection.
so, god of war, infamous, uncharted, metal gear solid, little big planet, beyond, the last of us, etc are "terrible"...... but, the annual rehash of Halo, Gears, and Forza is good? i will never understand "gamers" (i'll never understand paying a company to play games over my own internet connection, either).

i hate the ps3 controller (way too small), but i really can't see how people could pick a system with no games and paid online over it.
So you read the last sentence I wrote and responded to that? You listed a game that hasn't even been released yet and most of the rest not even announced 4 years ago at the time I'm talking about.

PS3 had a poor launch and early game selection, the only RPG it had was Oblivion which had already been out for months on PC. 360 totally smashed it early on.

Jan 22, 13 at 6:43pm
batsman

Zombie_Barioth

The new xbox is rumored to be capable of 1.2 TFLOPS or something
And the new playstation about 1.8

In comparison the PS3 is capable of 2 TFLOPS

Jan 22, 13 at 6:22pm
BlackLabel

Microsoft could announce their new console tomorrow and it would still be too late for Sony to actually change their spec. I mean their architecture which probably relies on 2-3 years maybe more of R&D was designed around hardware AMD, IBM and others would have told them would be in production by the time the console was ready for mass production. You can't take a cooling system built around a GPU that AMD has guaranteed to run at 40 degree's and then swap in a 70 degree one because it has to be more powerful than what Microsoft just announced, it doesn't work like that.