Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Magic: The Gathering » Glint Hawk Combo Question » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 21, 13 at 3:29pmChronoboy

Hey all, just got a question about lil Glint Hawk here:

So say on turn one I put out a Plains and stick out Signal Pest or something. Turn two, I put out Darksteel Citadel (a LEGAL artifact land). Now could I play Glint Hawk and bounce back Citadel? If I could, is it possible to put it back down since Citadel was the exact land I played this turn? I've searched and searched for an answer on this, but haven't found anything on it. Citadel is considered an artifact, so imho, I think I could... but maybe that's just wishful thinking, lol.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 05, 13 at 1:20am
Shinobi_razor

like with Kor Skyfisher, its good if you miss a land drop, but this one only works for an artifact land. Skyfisher is good in a casual Kor deck like mine that often gets stuck at 3 Plains and has a lot of 2 cost spells and abilities, 1 mana for a 2/3 flyer is good.

Feb 04, 13 at 10:15am
Chronoboy

Much obliged, guys. Thanks!

Jan 23, 13 at 3:26pm
Jeremy

You can replay an artifact bounced by Glint Hawk, but you can still only play one land each turn, even if it is the same land.

Jan 23, 13 at 12:29am
Shinobi_razor

just bounce Mox Opal with him and put it back. here's a BA suggestion from The Gatherer:

opening hand: Plains, Ornithopter, Memnite, 2x Glint Hawk, Quest for the Holy Relic, Mox Opal.

T1: Plains, play Quest, drop Opal, Ornithopter and Memnite, 2 quest counters on Quest. Tap Opal, play Glint Hawk, bouncing Opal (3 quest counters). Redrop Opal, tap again, play 2nd Hawk, bouncing Ornithopter or Memnite and dropping it again. You now have 5 quest counters, so on T2 you sac Quest, search for Argentum Armor\Elbrus, the Binding Blade, attach it to one of the flyers, and have fun.

Jan 22, 13 at 12:44pm
Frozen Atari

Yep. Best thing to bounce is something like an Onithopter, Phyrexian Walker, Shield Sphere, Baubles, yadda yadda to minimize tempo loss. I like using thopters, as they tend to be the easiest to find. That is, unless you have more sinister ideas by bouncing an artifact. (and you should)

Jan 21, 13 at 3:59pm
messhead

You can only play one land a turn.

Jan 21, 13 at 3:29pm
Chronoboy

Hey all, just got a question about lil Glint Hawk here:

So say on turn one I put out a Plains and stick out Signal Pest or something. Turn two, I put out Darksteel Citadel (a LEGAL artifact land). Now could I play Glint Hawk and bounce back Citadel? If I could, is it possible to put it back down since Citadel was the exact land I played this turn? I've searched and searched for an answer on this, but haven't found anything on it. Citadel is considered an artifact, so imho, I think I could... but maybe that's just wishful thinking, lol.