Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » Borderlands 3/Sequel - Ideas and Speculation Thread » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Jan 21, 13 at 6:38amShadow of Death

Well, it's high time we added this. OK, rather it's a little early since they haven't even finished pumping out DLC for 2, but I thought it would be good to start this up.

What features would you like to see built into the next game?

Have you noticed something in this game that would suggest content for the sequel?

Etc.

Now, the most obvious one is about the multiple vaults featured at the end of BL2. Now, that to me suggests either there will be multiple, but perhaps smaller vaults, or they plan multiple sequels each attacking a different vault, OR a MMO of some sort (AKA: Borderworlds).

On the features side, something occurred to me while I was farming Terra....A way of getting loot you might have missed. My idea is to have a sort of special vendor in your base that offers the last 10 or so of each rarity above blue. The items will be perhaps the same price as their sell value, or maybe double that, or half the listed value so it isn't just an excuse to be lazy or something.

The reason for this idea is that the game drops a LOT of loot, and sometimes it's either inaccessible (drops into an area you can't reach, or falls through the floor, etc), or requires a time/trial and error to get it if it drops in troublesome location.

For example, there was a corrosive Norfleet that dropped when I, and three other players were farming Verminivous. It dropped out of the regular map area, and into a region where you were insta-killed by turrets. We tried for a good 30 or 40 minutes and it just didn't work and we gave up one of the better oranges in the game because of bad luck.

The most notable example of this issue though, is The Warrior. On occasion, loot spawns under its body, and as the Oranges tend to drop near him this means that even though you could spend hours farming for an orange drop, if it appeared there it meant either a loss, or (as it was later found) going through the previous area all over again to despawn the Warrior..

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 16, 14 at 6:50am
Freezing Dart

quote TMTOMH_Productions
The ability to purchase Tokens.

The ability to purchase Seraph Crystals.

Golden Key drops in battle.

Shield that deflects 100% of Electric attacks and sends the bolt back to the attacker.

Legendary Loot locations on Echo Map.

EMP device to use against overwhelming Robots.

1 Boss that, when defeated, will drop nothing but Legendary Items/Weapons. Boss will be VERY difficult to defeat but will also Level Up your character no matter how many XP points you have.

Tiny Tina as a playable character. Her main Skill.....MASSIVE Nuclear, Nova Explosions. When she attacks with it, she is covered with a force field that protects her.

Health and Shield regeneration at the same time.

Unlimited Grenades.

Ability to combine weapons and shields. (Shield's Capacity upgraded/overpowered by the weapon's Damage).

Weapon with all Elemental Effects: Corrosive, Electric, Explosion, Fire.

New Character who follows your character around and regenerates health and shield at "Fight For Your Life" mode. (only available after a certain level).

A new Bee Shield which, upon depletion, releases a swarm of Bees that when damaged by gunfire, releases yet another swarm of Bees that have their own shields, ironically named "Bee" shields, that are able to withstand any attack and allow the bees to Level Up to become Wasps and Hornets which attack your character making you regret ever picking up the Bee Shield in the first place.

New Playable Character: The Clone. His special Skill is the ability to clone himself into 5 clones which have all weapons and shields your character has, but more powerful and longer lasting, making it easier to defeat the really difficult enemies.
Hate to break it to you but some of this (most of it) is EXTREMELY game breaking/unlikely to happen/unrealistic/odd as tentacle hentai/a mixture thereof. However I must give you props on the electric deflection shield.

Apr 16, 14 at 6:46am
Freezing Dart

quote Magic
I strongly believe that the Hyperion Moonbase will no doubt have some sort of involvement with the next game; given the fact that it was so highly anticipated for some sort of DLC release.

Hammerlock should be a playable character or an exclusive DLC Character. I have no idea why I'd like to see that happen that, but I just think Hammerlock is *bleep*ing awesome.

This tho. Congratulations on your correct guess regarding the Hyperion Moonbase.

Now for Pre-Sequel, I want a New Haven invasion. Let's not just stick to the moon please, show us some more of Borderlands 1 areas and let us beat the crap out of Tannis (I love beating people) and steal the Vault Key from her.

Also I want more backstory on certain weapon corporations (Maliwan, Jakobs, Hyperion (can pretty much confirm we will get more about Hyperion), Tediore and Dahl).

And I would like to inform you peoples that in BL2, Bandit weapons were going to be made with makeshift stuff, for example patched up with duct tape or having an empty glass soda bottle for a scope. Bring that back.

Mar 16, 14 at 9:25am
Coi Cki

Story twists, so it'll be interesting playthrough after playthrough. I didn't mind BL2 being the same over the first 3 playthroughs, but it started to feel old after that point.

Also, personally, I'd like less of an emphasis on farming for awesome gear... Farming is a chore, it's work, not so much what I'd call fun.

Mar 13, 14 at 2:28pm
MyBlueGuy

I love the idea of a Brick And Tiny Tina combo but what if Brick were the character and his action skill was summoning Tiny Tina?

Feb 01, 14 at 11:23am
Magic

I strongly believe that the Hyperion Moonbase will no doubt have some sort of involvement with the next game; given the fact that it was so highly anticipated for some sort of DLC release.

Hammerlock should be a playable character or an exclusive DLC Character. I have no idea why I'd like to see that happen that, but I just think Hammerlock is *bleep*ing awesome.

Jan 17, 14 at 2:14pm
TMTOMH_Productions

The ability to purchase Tokens.

The ability to purchase Seraph Crystals.

Golden Key drops in battle.

Shield that deflects 100% of Electric attacks and sends the bolt back to the attacker.

Legendary Loot locations on Echo Map.

EMP device to use against overwhelming Robots.

1 Boss that, when defeated, will drop nothing but Legendary Items/Weapons. Boss will be VERY difficult to defeat but will also Level Up your character no matter how many XP points you have.

Tiny Tina as a playable character. Her main Skill.....MASSIVE Nuclear, Nova Explosions. When she attacks with it, she is covered with a force field that protects her.

Health and Shield regeneration at the same time.

Unlimited Grenades.

Ability to combine weapons and shields. (Shield's Capacity upgraded/overpowered by the weapon's Damage).

Weapon with all Elemental Effects: Corrosive, Electric, Explosion, Fire.

New Character who follows your character around and regenerates health and shield at "Fight For Your Life" mode. (only available after a certain level).

A new Bee Shield which, upon depletion, releases a swarm of Bees that when damaged by gunfire, releases yet another swarm of Bees that have their own shields, ironically named "Bee" shields, that are able to withstand any attack and allow the bees to Level Up to become Wasps and Hornets which attack your character making you regret ever picking up the Bee Shield in the first place.

New Playable Character: The Clone. His special Skill is the ability to clone himself into 5 clones which have all weapons and shields your character has, but more powerful and longer lasting, making it easier to defeat the really difficult enemies.

Jun 11, 13 at 7:47am
METROIDKILLER12

Ok that was obvious but i agree completely on the part where you said borderlands games are generally completely random like with the SHOOT ME IN THE FACE mission all you had to do was shoot em in the face and done deal but then there are things like the get to roland before time is out mission where if you miss your window it gets harder

Jun 10, 13 at 10:14am
Ulti9999

quote METROIDKILLER12
You know i see what you're all saying about the skin buff idea so then what bout the story who has any ideas on that?
Well, it would probably involve

The story could be literally anything.. Borderlands' plot can be so random, I don't even know how to speculate. That's partly why I love the game, you never know what it will be until you play it

Jun 10, 13 at 8:08am
METROIDKILLER12

You know i see what you're all saying about the skin buff idea so then what bout the story who has any ideas on that?

Jun 09, 13 at 2:44pm
Ulti9999

quote Kommando
quote Ulti9999
4. Basically Zer0?

no, Zer0 is melee or long range.
Less than 3 feet and over 100 feet respectively.

By semi-long range, I mean 60-80 feet
By semi-mid range, I mean to 20-40 feet

Basically 70% or 90% accuracy weapon range.

quote Ulti9999
They should have taken all that pathetic melee and put a larger focus on his long range capabilities.. Compared to Krieg Zer0 is just pathetic melee-wise
Melee Zer0s have several advantages over melee Kriegs. The 4 main ones being the invisibility, short cooldown, the fact that zer0 can use the Rapier when using Decepti0n for triple damage, and the fact that BAR adds roid damage AFTER multipliers instead of before like Zer0,

Krieg has his advantages in melee combat, but endgame zer0 outclasses him with the right build.

Zer0 just seems so fragile though. I understand his melee potential, but you really have to go out of your way to make it effective, and once you have done that, there can be no room for error. Krieg is safer when it comes to melee, and he is easier to gear for it. I'm just saying I prefer playing Zer0 as a sniper rather than a fragile berserker. Also, Krieg can use Rapier as well; since it only affects melee damage you take, usually Krieg can OHKO anything with his melee + Rapier before they can touch him.

I don't disagree with you since I have geared Zer0 for melee before, it just seems like more trouble than it is worth when I can play him as an extremely efficient sniper.