Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » PokéLounge » Games that make you go "Grrrr" » Post Reply

Note to Guests: PLEASE NOTE: Threads concerning Pokémon should be brought to their respective forums, including game talk, strategies, trading, and etc. Thanks.PLEASE NOTE: PokéLounge is a forum for off-topic discussion. Any Pokémon related topics should be posted in the General Pokémon Forum.
Wish to see more of our fantastic Pokémon Forums? Click here!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Jan 17, 13 at 9:31amAurigae

Since we have a thread about what games we love the most, suppose it would only make sense to let our frustrations of games we dislike a lot xD

I know batsman is going to say Heavy Rain ;o;

So here's mine:
Sonic Games: The only one I actually do like is the one that all of the fans hate; Sonic Heroes. Only because I remember playing it as a 12 year old kid on my PS2 x3 The others, well, they've gone gradually down hill.

Blackwater: Genuinely one of the worst games I've played. Limited enemies to fight, which was a bit of a disappointment & you have to start over from the beginning ._.

Amy: Unfortunately, this game shares the same name as me. Suppose you could say it was even more rubbish than I am. Absolutely terrible game design.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 15, 13 at 7:50am
sampunas123

Whaaaa? I thought Resident Evil 6 was awesome. I don't play in horror games though, so I don't really know.

Feb 15, 13 at 2:12am
Wesker Child

It's not worth much now so I think I'll keep it as a contingency.

Feb 14, 13 at 6:55pm
Alyssa

quote Wesker Child
Any game in which you attempt a speed run.
hehe yeah. I try to speed run Doom or Quake or even an RPG like Daggerfall and then something happens that dicks me over. Insert me not giving a *bleep* and just playing it like normal. :3

quote Wesker Child
I haven't even unwrapped my copy of Resident Evil 6 yet.
Sell it. You might get a decent amount of money to buy a good game.

Like Super Mario RPG.

Feb 14, 13 at 9:20am
Wesker Child

Any game in which you attempt a speed run. Also, I agree with you Alyssa. I haven't even unwrapped my copy of Resident Evil 6 yet.

Feb 13, 13 at 7:07pm
Alyssa

Games that have made me "grrr" recently include Final Fantasy XIII, Resident Evil 6, Hitman: Absolution and Dead Space 3.

Especially so with the former 2, but I hate how developers think that making games that appeal to the lowest common denominator by making them the same as what that audience enjoys while discarding a lot of what made those games originally worth a damn is okay. They don't even sell as well as their predecessors do anyway, let alone as well as Call Of Duty and Gears Of War. Understandable for Resident Evil to go in its current direction because that survival horror thing got old by the third game on the PS1, but the execution of that game made me feel stupid, which I guess was their intention.

Feb 10, 13 at 7:27pm
canderson

Monterey Jack I actually found Unleashed a bit too tight, maybe a little stiff, but Heroes was VERY slippery.

I agree that the original games destroy the 3D games in regards to exploration, and that some parts of Adventures and Heroes can be linear as well. Maybe the high emphasis on speed with Unleashed is the reason why you enjoyed those stages more? I actually don't see a problem with that.

Feb 10, 13 at 7:11pm
Monterey Jack

quote canderson
Never said Sonic Heroes controls were great. I agree that they aren't the best. I don't think Unleashed controls well either. but I find both very tolerable.
I find Unleashed's controls to be tighter though.

quote canderson
My main problem with Unleashed are that day time stages are extremely linear. They're like linear racetracks with little to no room for exploration. There's also very little focus on platforming. Another thing, although very minor, were the inclusion of QTE's, some that shouldn't result in cheap deaths if you fail. All of these issues I believe they improved with Colors onwards.
yeah the quick time events were *bleep*in stupid and I do agree that there could've been more options for exploration than just a few small branching paths here and there. but I'm p sure the Adventure and Heroes games were linear as hell too. the original games definitely destroy the 3D ones here. but I dunno, this never bothered me at all in Unleashed's daytime stages.

Feb 10, 13 at 6:57pm
canderson

Monterey Jack

Never said Sonic Heroes controls were great. I agree that they aren't the best. I don't think Unleashed controls well either, but I find both very tolerable. My main problem with Unleashed are that day time stages are extremely linear. They're like linear racetracks with little to no room for exploration. There's also very little focus on platforming, where most Sonic games have a great blend of speed and platforming. Another thing, although very minor, were the inclusion of QTE's, some that shouldn't result in cheap deaths if you fail. All of these issues I believe they improved with Colors onwards.

I respect your opinion though sir. =)

Feb 10, 13 at 6:36pm
Monterey Jack

quote canderson
quote Monterey Jack
quote Aevers
Then again, I'm of the opinion that there were only ever two good Sonic games - Sonic The Hedgehog 2 and Sonic heroes.
Sonic Heroes? you 'avin a giggle mate!? 3D Sonic didn't get good until the daytime stages in Unleashed hahahaha oh man
I actually enjoyed Heroes and would put it ahead of Unleashed, even if Unleashed lacked the Werehog portions.
lol you're really having a giggle there mate. Sonic Heroes controlled like ass and was actually annoying to play. that's if it wasn't virtually playing itself with all the speed boosters and shit. at least Unleashed onwards actually required player interaction.

Feb 10, 13 at 5:18pm
canderson

quote Monterey Jack
quote Aevers
Then again, I'm of the opinion that there were only ever two good Sonic games - Sonic The Hedgehog 2 and Sonic heroes.
Sonic Heroes? you 'avin a giggle mate!? 3D Sonic didn't get good until the daytime stages in Unleashed hahahaha oh man
I actually enjoyed Heroes and would put it ahead of Unleashed, even if Unleashed lacked the Werehog portions.
I would say Sonic Colors onwards is when the series became great again.