Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Gaming Lounge » NRA's controversial iOS shooter gets rating bump from Apple, now for ages 12+ » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 16, 13 at 4:54pmRabidChinaGirl

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 17, 13 at 8:08am
Josef

Where is the article about the extremely violent game, where you shoot the NRA vice president in the head while he's giving a speech?

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/01/15/new-video-game-allows-user-to-shoot-nra-president-in-the-head-n1489825

It is ignored, while this non-violent, educational game is bashed. Talk about hypocritical.

Jan 17, 13 at 7:02am
WakeCraterWind

Always keeping the gun pointed in a safe direction would usually be downwards. Basically never where you think there would be people.

Sounds like this is a gun range instructional simulator, so I expect there would be other gun range safety rules like always assuming a firearm is loaded, always be cautious around squib rounds, anyone can call ceasefire during practice, always check downrange etc, etc.

Jan 17, 13 at 5:31am
harbin

Yes because shooting a gun is anything like getting an iPhone and tapping a target, or whatever the controls will be like.

Two of the reviews on the front page say it all though:

Great fun

by Joe in BrynMawr

This is fun and informative plus there is no need for eye and ear protection. A must have for any gun enthusiast and defender of the U.S. constitution.
Cool game from the NRA

by 76mark

Not a bad game. Too bad all the gun grab advocates think an app review is the appropriate place to vent about the NRA.
Chances are, ratings will be handed out at five star by those who strongly support the NRA and 1 star by those who disapprove.

Lol at Safety Tip #1 though

And what direction would this be then? Any idiots who by the game thinking it will improve their aim with a gun will probably aim it at their face because 'guns protect things'... even kids who will have access to this game (no idea why they need access to a gun), wouldn't even know a safe place to point it... but even a holstered pistol can go off.

This probably is just propaganda stuff. Seriously though, why in the US would you have to feel the need to carry a gun if you just want to go down to the shops?

Jan 17, 13 at 3:56am
Demonfurby

quote Cain_Kousei_69
I don't understand the misconception that ALL games are for kids. What the hell America.
You're just as bad as them

Jan 17, 13 at 1:30am
THM

You know what, to be honest, I support the proposed ban on assault guns in the U.S. NRA is just a butter club!!! Feel the power of interventionist state!!!

Jan 17, 13 at 12:52am
Mastix

I'm not exactly pro-gun or anything. In fact I'm on the side of the debate asking for much much stricter regulation. This is stupid. I was shooting a gun at coke cans when I was six. This isn't far off from claiming Fruit Ninja is encouraging kids to go slash crowds up with a katana (I know that's a stretch, but it's what came to mind and I couldn't think of a better example). I agree that it's fairly hypocritical of the NRA, but I don't believe for a second that a game where you shoot simulated pieces of paper would offend the eyes of anyone under 12. I don't even think the demographic of children we're worried about is 5-year-olds playing games on daddy's iPhone.

Jan 17, 13 at 12:01am
Cain_Kousei_69

"blamed violent children's games"

This.

See how these people think, they think all games are children's play time fun and not a form of real intellectual media like films.

I remember back in the day the ABC news show 20/20 was going on ranting about how bad video games are then right after had a segment proclaiming how great the film Gangs of New York was (an exceeding violent film no less).

I don't understand the misconception that ALL games are for kids. What the hell America.

Jan 16, 13 at 10:58pm
Dreadlock Holiday

It wouldn't matter what age limit they change it to. Children are going to be exposed to that sort of stuff anyway. Television, internet games, console shooters, arcade games, carnivals etc.

Most children wouldn't dream of killing someone in real life.

Jan 16, 13 at 10:47pm
Peace-Child

So, we're still putting the blame on gaming then?
Sheesh, at this rate, video games are going to hit the fan due to excessive censorship and over-sensitivity, just like the comic book industry did all those years back.

Jan 16, 13 at 9:21pm
Praetorian_Lord

quote WakeCraterWind
I think the key is, they probably DON'T see their video game as violent
I think it's even more likely that the majority of them haven't played a video game in their lives.