Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Football Manager 2013 » This game is ruining my interest in FM!!! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Jan 16, 13 at 11:27amsavage7784

I thought the updates would solve this but i literally can't get going in a game. Been various teams now and can't do even slightly well with any games. Had 1 promotion with port vale and that is literally the only thing i have come close to doing.

I've seen various other people complain how hard this game is and i couldn't agree more. I've tried everything. Different formations, different teams, different tactics and can't do anything.

Is anyone else finding this??? I'm guessing the update is automatic on steam aswell because its the first year i've used it.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 20, 13 at 7:50pm
savage7784

One thing i have noticed more and more of now someone has mentioned it is the amount of throwings that just go straight to the opposition without even attempting to get it to a team mate.

On a plus note i've managed to get a half decent game with Blackburn going but still not pulling up trees.

Jan 20, 13 at 3:26pm
Cashis

quote tfa
My pet hate about this game is the Long Shot option in player tactics. Always have it on Rarely but they just shoot from 40 yards out all the time and never powerful shots, tame pathetic shots which the keeper saves with his feet easily!
It's absolutely horrendous in the lower leagues - they shoot from miles out constantly and it usually goes out for a throw in. There appears to be no concept of holding it up - if there's no options in front of the player he just shoots. Woeful.

Jan 20, 13 at 3:23pm
Carlyon

If you're finding it hard then I suggest playing the classic mode in order to get in to the swing of things.

Jan 20, 13 at 10:53am
YidArmy617

quote justplayingitcool

Jan 20, 13 at 6:55am
tfa

My pet hate about this game is the Long Shot option in player tactics. Always have it on Rarely but they just shoot from 40 yards out all the time and never powerful shots, tame pathetic shots which the keeper saves with his feet easily!

Jan 20, 13 at 4:18am
Cashis

quote constantplanck
The "passenger" point is especially true...even though there are more things to manipulate than ever I have never actually felt that my decisions have mattered less in a FM game.
Agreed. Not a patch on FM11 for example.

Jan 20, 13 at 4:07am
AndyD_U

quote savage7784
I completely agree with i think this game has just gone a bit too far. I understand a few will like how depth you have to go but the feeling you get from the majority is that this year is one of the poorest yet from football manager.

I've had good games don't get me wrong but also games that have been horrendous and couldn't do a thing right. I've not done anything different from game to game either, not tried any harder not gone more in depth yet the differences are drastic.

Is there another patch due and if there is when??

Could be the last throw of the dice
They are updating this thread as they make the current update

Jan 20, 13 at 3:40am
Justplayingitcool

Jan 20, 13 at 2:50am
savage7784

I completely agree with i think this game has just gone a bit too far. I understand a few will like how depth you have to go but the feeling you get from the majority is that this year is one of the poorest yet from football manager.

I've had good games don't get me wrong but also games that have been horrendous and couldn't do a thing right. I've not done anything different from game to game either, not tried any harder not gone more in depth yet the differences are drastic.

Is there another patch due and if there is when??

Could be the last throw of the dice

Jan 19, 13 at 10:32am
DragonAndLance

No problems or complaints from here. You most likely just need some help on tactics, post em up.

Also, to the point of random is good.. Yes a result can go anyway on anyday.. City V Arsenal, who knows how the scoreline would have looked if no red card.. or if the penalty went in..

Who knows what would have happened if in the World Cup, Spain V Netherlands, the corner that Netherlands should have had in leading moments to Spain's goal, who knows.

Anything can happen on match day, thats the beauty of football.

I have never had as much control as this years; I personally hand pick each position, slider, etc, for each player to get the best out of them and I do.

I interact with my players and make sure they're happy, try my best not to play them if they're unhappy, etc.