Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » magsasaka's build [NEED HELP WITH PSU!] » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 12, 13 at 9:21pmmagsasaka

i'm only planning on it atm but suppose i want to build my own pc (which ive never done b4)
if i wanted one that can have 8 gb ddr3 ram, i5 processorr and some nvidia card, will this motherboard be compatible?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MSI-H61M-P31-G3-Motherboard-Intel-H61-S-1155-DDR3-SATA-II-3Gb-s-PCIe-3-/360542959335?pt=UK_Computing_LaptopMotherboards_CPUs_CA&hash=item53f208f6e7

and when i look for a case, what do i need to look for, like do i need to research dimensions and stuff and do i need to do some drilling to fix the motherboard in???

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 25, 13 at 6:07pm
magsasaka

done and done!
excuse the crappy photo quality, my camera is missing and have to make do with the cellphone camera

the graphics card is really chunky, i wasw surprised with that.. the only thing im disappointed with is it didnt come with a sticker. really good graphics with this one, i watch a youtube video and i can see the makeup of the people real clear.
i also picked up a wireless card when i went out to get the rest of the build, no messy wires is no messy

future plans:
add a fan at the front to cool hard drive
maybe some lights..

thanks for the ppl who helped me !

Jan 24, 13 at 2:53pm
magsasaka

bah, idk i just put the fan facing downards..

update log:
23/01/13
built it, booted it, so far everything seems fine..
the bios is a nice gui (gonna read the flyers to learn more about the features)
tested OS cd on the dvd drive - it works
the ram sticks work.. 8 gb dual channel 1600 mhz combined
the system detects the 1 tb hdd but havent tested it yet
have not yet installed the graphics card

24/01
burnt windows 7 64 bit on a disc

final stages which i'll be doing tomorrow
shop for peripherals
install OS
install gfxcard
test other m/b ports

Jan 23, 13 at 8:10am
magsasaka

i just started but came across a problem already..

my case has the space for the psu at the bottom, and the psu has a large fan that sits on the side with the widest area of the psu, which either sucks or blows air out (idk) so which side up do i place the psu in??? fan pointing upwards or fan pointing downwards?!

pictures

Jan 23, 13 at 4:05am
magsasaka

psu's coming this afternoon. I was gonna do the build over the weekend, but decided to start now!

Jan 22, 13 at 2:00am
Crusad3r

nagsasaka let us know how it goes with your build

Jan 19, 13 at 5:30am
magsasaka

Crusad3r
Yes sir!
my hammer is ready!

Jan 18, 13 at 1:09pm
Crusad3r

That's everything you need good luck with your build

Jan 18, 13 at 10:54am
magsasaka

quote Crusad3r
quote magsasaka
a little update
the case came today and it's massive!!, a lot fatter than the pre-made pc that ive been using for the last 5 years.
it also has 2 spots on the side that will allow screwing for more fans. the psu's supposed to be placed down low, i wouldnt've prefered it but it's ok..

i'm going with intel for the cpu cause ive already chosen a motherboard plus, intel is better documented about its products on the interwebs.

my first choice for the gpu was actually a nvidia
this one to be precise http://www.amazon.co.uk/PNY-Geforce-NVIDIA-Graphics-PCI-Ex16/dp/B009ANT09U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358109140&sr=8-2
(i only copied it from other people's in this forum as ive no idea about anything really)

i googled reviews for it and saw another brand/model compared to it (ATI/AMD) and when i searched for it, it came up cheaper..

oh and pny, who the hell are pny? one model number but so many manufacturers
i don't really care about who made what as long as the figures look good, or should i?
same with motherboard; asus, gigabit, asrock, msi
which one to choose?
The GTX 660 isn't bad. An AMD would be cheaper, but you wouldn't have Phys-X, which some games support. Phys-X makes games look amazing.

With manufacturers, you have to look at the factory clock speeds that their cards give. Your 660 has a clock speed of 980mhz while the EVGA 660 has a 1046mhz factory clock speed, which means you'll have to overclock your card to make up the difference. Besides that, the basic card itself is from Nvidia

Same with motherboards. Look at the specifications and which ones you want and which ones you don't need or is overkill. Post some that interest you.
i already ordered everything...
yeah, i wasn't saying the gtx 660 is bad!, the radeon was cheaper is all.
maybe in the future i'd get the fastest gtx at that time.. but this radeon would sureley be enough to play my games, it's sureley an upgrade from my old humble gt 240, probably enough to make me jizz outta my nose..

i already have the case, now just waiting for the rest

powa

memory

cup holder

motherbrain

processor

storage

gfxcard

am i missing anything? besides the mice and kb ofc

Jan 18, 13 at 8:10am
Crusad3r

quote magsasaka
a little update
the case came today and it's massive!!, a lot fatter than the pre-made pc that ive been using for the last 5 years.
it also has 2 spots on the side that will allow screwing for more fans. the psu's supposed to be placed down low, i wouldnt've prefered it but it's ok..

i'm going with intel for the cpu cause ive already chosen a motherboard plus, intel is better documented about its products on the interwebs.

my first choice for the gpu was actually a nvidia
this one to be precise http://www.amazon.co.uk/PNY-Geforce-NVIDIA-Graphics-PCI-Ex16/dp/B009ANT09U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358109140&sr=8-2
(i only copied it from other people's in this forum as ive no idea about anything really)

i googled reviews for it and saw another brand/model compared to it (ATI/AMD) and when i searched for it, it came up cheaper..

oh and pny, who the hell are pny? one model number but so many manufacturers
i don't really care about who made what as long as the figures look good, or should i?
same with motherboard; asus, gigabit, asrock, msi
which one to choose?
The GTX 660 isn't bad. An AMD would be cheaper, but you wouldn't have Phys-X, which some games support. Phys-X makes games look amazing.

With manufacturers, you have to look at the factory clock speeds that their cards give. Your 660 has a clock speed of 980mhz while the EVGA 660 has a 1046mhz factory clock speed, which means you'll have to overclock your card to make up the difference. Besides that, the basic card itself is from Nvidia

Same with motherboards. Look at the specifications and which ones you want and which ones you don't need or is overkill. Post some that interest you.

Jan 18, 13 at 2:12am
bridgestone

cool