Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Far Cry 3 » Jason's friends (spoilers) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 14, 13 at 1:43pm
MrAppearingWand

quote hiigaran
character development was off, IMO. here you are as jason, a guy who is scared shitless from seeing his brother kill someone, and then he seems to be perfectly fine with killing every single bad guy for the rest of the game. yet he still goes 'eww' and '*bleep*' whenever he skins an animal, no matter what point you are in the game.
I kinda agree with this, I think it's supposed to be the anger and the killer instinct inside him rising to the surface though, if you've seen the ending of the save friends ending. And with the skinning, even cold blooded killers get grossed out by animal guts lol, jk. But I don't see why he can't handle it after all the killing you do.

Jan 14, 13 at 6:02am
hiigaran

character development was off, IMO. here you are as jason, a guy who is scared shitless from seeing his brother kill someone, and then he seems to be perfectly fine with killing every single bad guy for the rest of the game. yet he still goes 'eww' and '*bleep*' whenever he skins an animal, no matter what point you are in the game.

its not an overly negative thing, mind you, but still.

as for his friends/family, i think i only liked riley. liza was a believable character, though, so i have no complaints with her.

Jan 13, 13 at 1:40pm
MrAppearingWand

Am I the only one that genuinely liked all the characters? Except maybe Keith, the way he doesn't even sympathize with you when he tells you your brother died. What didn't you guys like about the characters? Also I agree that Vaas is easily a much better villain than Hoyt though, but my heart was still pounding during that poker game at the end.

EDIT: Actually, I knew the choices that are given to you at the end of the game quite early on (some douche nozzle youtuber posted them in a title of a video) and since I did a couple of missions for Citra I planned to join Citra, but I think Riley was the turning point, and the fact that I actually like Liza. So I kind of see your point.

Jan 13, 13 at 12:23am
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

Pretty much felt the same. But I think that was point.

Jan 12, 13 at 6:20pm
Scott Cee

Jason's bros are the kind of shallow douchebags I usually hope are killed off one by one in slasher movies. Even Jason himself is that kind of character and I didn't identify with him at all, except for one scripted sequence that lasts all of two minutes and involves firing a grenade launcher from the back of a jeep.
Unlikeable protagonist, unlikeable rescuees, but still an awesome game overall, mostly because of the dude on the cover - and it goes way, waaay downhill once you off him about two thirds of the way through the game. Even the objectves devolve into "go here and kill all of the guys".
And Hoyt's got nothing on how entertainingly mental, and occasionally genuinely frightening, Vaas can be.

I still saved the bros at the end though, I didn't like Citra that much.
Crazy bitch.