Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Minecraft » The "When Pigs Fly" Achievement. » Post Reply

Note to Guests:

You are NOT allowed to advertise Minecraft servers, texture packs, videos, or anything else in this forum! Read the full forums rules HERE! For advertising servers please see this forum. Thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Party Bomb Cow Tipper Explosive Diamond Emerald Ender Eye Ender Pearl Lurker Archer Miner No-Brainer

hideOriginal Post

Jan 11, 13 at 4:34pmryboh

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has any tips or pointers to help me get this achievement since it's the last one i need.

I've rode a pig using a saddle many times but they just go round in circles and they never seem to fall down holes I know you can control them with a carrot and stick, but is this feature available on the xbox version?

Thanks

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 12, 13 at 2:30pm
ryboh

I'll have to try a few of these tactics after I find a dungeon chest xD

Jan 11, 13 at 11:49pm
Chaosfire

Encase a pig with a fence, dig all ground out from below, except for a few squares, mount pig, destroy remaining squares, without killing pig, then patience.

Jan 11, 13 at 11:45pm
Dreadlock Holiday

I just built a fence around him, dug a 2x2 hole, then put the saddle on him 1 block away from the whole and done.

Mind you he ran in the opposite direction many times.

Jan 11, 13 at 7:59pm
DiamondMaster11

No one seems to want to take advantage of the fishing rod. I've played solely on the PC since before Alpha, but I've recently gotten the Xbox version, and all of my friends on console have ignored its existence.

Use a fishing rod on a pig. Pull him towards you. Repeat until near a cliff. At this point, you can either:
A. Saddle him and hope he jumps off
B. Saddle him, pull him off, and jump on before he hits the ground.

It's quite simple. Hope that helped.

Jan 11, 13 at 4:49pm
ryboh

quote Dogfood95
Build a very small fence around a pig, dig a big hole around the whole fence, take down the fence, ride the pig, fall, get Achievement!

I had a similar idea but i didn't think about using fences probably my best bet to be fair.

Jan 11, 13 at 4:48pm
ryboh

Good thinking, forgot about that. so just build some track, then go over a hole and end the track there so the pig/me/the minecart goes over the edge? thanks.

Jan 11, 13 at 4:47pm
Dogfood95

Build a very small fence around a pig, dig a big hole around the whole fence, take down the fence, ride the pig, fall, get Achievement!
Thats how I got it anyway, I just need the minecart one now

Jan 11, 13 at 4:37pm
ims2golfer

can you push mobs into carts in the xbox version?
if so, use minecarts

Jan 11, 13 at 4:34pm
ryboh

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has any tips or pointers to help me get this achievement since it's the last one i need.

I've rode a pig using a saddle many times but they just go round in circles and they never seem to fall down holes I know you can control them with a carrot and stick, but is this feature available on the xbox version?

Thanks