Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Graphics and Animation » Adobe CS2 for free? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the Graphics and Animation forum! Please feel free to look around and learn new things in here. Don't be shy in sharing your knowledge as well. Before you start a new thread PLEASE make sure a thread doesn't already exist for the same purpose.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 09, 13 at 2:41pmRichardlfc

Hi guys,

There is a link that allows you to download the entire Adobe CS2 package for free.

Of course, the software is 8 years old and some of the programs may be outdated. I think it's worth download Photoshop CS2 though.

Might be worth a look for some of you graphics guys.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 09, 13 at 5:50pm
Dreadlock Holiday

Well, seeing as everyone else has taken advantage of the slip up, I'm jumping on board and grabbing it.

Apr 14, 13 at 12:53am
Alex Noone

Thank you sooo much!

I'm downloading CS2 right now and it won't take much longer than half an hour.

Apr 11, 13 at 1:34pm
Inhale

quote Kayla_2
Oh, that's great, but I already have CS3.
This is fantastic. This is for all the people that don't want to obtain it illegally, and can't afford it at the same time.

Apr 09, 13 at 7:27pm
Kayla_2

Oh, that's great, but I already have CS3.

Jan 20, 13 at 2:37pm
Inhale

Richardlfc it seems you were right. Photoshop CS2 is indeed free. I just download it, and made myself a new avatar. Cheers for sharing the link!

Jan 11, 13 at 1:31pm
harbin

Could be quite useful for those that cannot afford the full version of CS6. However, from when I used it, Fireworks CS3 had an issue on Windows 7 when Aero was enable which made the brush and blur tools become super laggy. Wonder if it is the same on CS2.

Alot of people who just do stuff like that as a hobby or in their spare time won't pay £2000+ for a program they won't use often or make much money out of, businesses and freelancers will since it is part of their job and makes money out of it, but hobbyists won't. It could end up being useful for them. From a web designer point of view, it helps to have the latest version of CS6 which keeps up with web technologies, from a graphic designer, photographer point of view, it pays to have the latest version of Illustrator or Photoshop since it supports newer hardware technologies, would be more stable, responsive and have more powerful tools. The only people who would really benefit from this are hobbyists and students, and if they like it that much, will probably pay for the latest version.

quote BeZ
Adobe never intended to release CS2 for free, they put up the downloads and serial numbers for it but that was only because the activation servers for CS2 were going down and they wanted to make sure that people who already owned CS2 could reinstall their software.

Basically they accidentally released CS2 to the public for free and, as far as I can see, now don't know what to do about it.

Source
TBH though, they haven't taken it down so they probably will just leave it like that then.

quote Adobe Employee
You have heard wrong! Adobe is absolutely not providing free copies of CS2!

You are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you have a valid license to the product!
From the quote though, people aren't gonna take notice of that. Free access to a software is available for download with a fully functional working serial key. This is in the same way that if someone just happens to stumble across an album that they like with a download link, they'll end up downloading it.

If anything, the better way they could've gone about it if they didn't want access is that you see a page, you enter your key and they key goes off and you get that back, but even then there is nothing stopping someone posting that key up.

Jan 11, 13 at 12:06pm
BeZ

Adobe never intended to release CS2 for free, they put up the downloads and serial numbers for it but that was only because the activation servers for CS2 were going down and they wanted to make sure that people who already owned CS2 could reinstall their software.

Basically they accidentally released CS2 to the public for free and, as far as I can see, now don't know what to do about it.

Source

Jan 11, 13 at 11:29am
Richardlfc

Just finished the download and installed it, no problems! You have to register with Adobe, but I haven't had a message saying this is an illegal copy or anything.

Jan 11, 13 at 11:13am
Inhale

quote Richardlfc
It's free as far as I can see. I am downloading Adobe Photoshop CS2 right now. I'll let you know.
I would try it myself but I am using free wifi. The download would take forever.

Jan 11, 13 at 10:59am
Richardlfc

It's free as far as I can see. I am downloading Adobe Photoshop CS2 right now. I'll let you know.