Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » First time trying a new build » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 10, 13 at 6:44am
Crusad3r

The GTX 680 supports 2 screens quite easily it's more power efficient to run one graphics card.

Jan 09, 13 at 3:42pm
Chris schmidt

Is it better to get one expensive graphics card or two cheaper cards, I do want to run two screens?

Cheers guys

Jan 09, 13 at 7:24am
Crusad3r

That power supply is so overkill it hurts to see, especially since you only have a GTX 660.

I'd recommend this:
CPU - i7 3770k
Mobo - any Z77
GPU - GTX 680
PSU - Corsair 750w

The rest can be the same

Jan 09, 13 at 6:41am
Chris Schmidt

G'day guys,
Just looking for your opinions on what components I should buy and where you guys think the best places would be to buy them. I'm looking at a budget around $2000, I will mainly use the computer for gaming and movie watching. What I would like is some help with motherboard/CPU/Graphics Card/RAM combinations. I'm also looking at a combination of an internal Solid state drive and internal hard drives. I live in QLD Australia.
With regards to the rest of the components (Case, power supply, cooling, remotes and other additions) are they easy enough to match to the other main components?

I've had a look around the net on my own, for components, and came up with:
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 3GB Superclock
AMD FX-8120 8-Core Processor
ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional Motherboard
Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD8GX3M2A1866C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001
Intel 520 Series 60 GB SSD
LG BH14NS40 14X BD-R Blu-ray Writer OEM
Enermax Platimax 1200W EMP1200EWT
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Battle Edition

Do these all work together?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.