Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » Windows Explorer keeps crashing/Windows Update problem » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 09, 13 at 5:46amredneonfish

Hi guys,

Everytime I try searching for a file, or open 'My Documents' or whatever, Windows Explorer crashes then restarts - it doesn't actually stop from opening the file I want, but it happens every time I try and browse my files. How do I fix this? I ran a scan with Kaspersky, and nothing came up.

Also, everytime I shutdown my laptop Windows keeps installing updates. I've checked the update log, and Windows says the updates were applied successfully. What's going on?

Thanks in advance.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 27, 14 at 8:48pm
k

cuul

Jan 14, 13 at 3:04am
Devon123

I face same problem but we fix this by uninstalling the OS and reinstalling it again .

Jan 11, 13 at 1:33am
redneonfish

Windows 7 64 bit home edition.

Jan 11, 13 at 1:25am
Pedigree

What version of Windows are you using?

Jan 10, 13 at 12:45pm
redneonfish

Pedigree I've tried both system restore, and the windows diagnostic thing that comes up when you press F8.

Unfortunately, the System Restore doesn't go back far enough. It started happening after I tried uninstalling the bloatware on my laptop. I think I'm probably going to have to reinstall windows, but that's not easier said than done; the disc drive will no longer read discs...

Jan 10, 13 at 4:37am
Pedigree

About the updates, try uninstalling the last update you've had. Then see if you still get those bugs during shut down.

As for the crashing, maybe a corrupt in the system files? How you tried getting a system recovery?

Jan 09, 13 at 5:46am
redneonfish

Hi guys,

Everytime I try searching for a file, or open 'My Documents' or whatever, Windows Explorer crashes then restarts - it doesn't actually stop from opening the file I want, but it happens every time I try and browse my files. How do I fix this? I ran a scan with Kaspersky, and nothing came up.

Also, everytime I shutdown my laptop Windows keeps installing updates. I've checked the update log, and Windows says the updates were applied successfully. What's going on?

Thanks in advance.