Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » My First Computer Build! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 07, 13 at 1:59pmSam Lane

Hi!
I'm a complete noob when it comes to building computers and would like to put together a simple, cheap gaming rig preferably under 600 dollars (a low budget i know, please forgive me!!).

Would these components be compatible and would they give me good performance in, say, blackops, skyrim, minecraft, Kerbal space program, etc. I would not be too interested in crazy high settings but medium at 50-60 fps would be nice.

Here's the list,

AMD fx-4100 quad core
Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3.0 Mobo
Radeon 7770. ( possibly upgradable to radeon 6850 or nvidia equiv.)
8gb of cheapy 1333mhz ram ( not important)

Running windows 7 64bit

I have not listed the rest of the parts as I do not believe they will affect the performance of the pc so much

Thank you very much for your help

Sam

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 10, 13 at 10:45am
Crusad3r

Nah, it wouldn't bottleneck. I'd still say stay with the AMD though. Not much point moving over to Intel cause of the hassle.

Though, a build like this:

- i5 3330 (100-120 dollars)
- H77 mobo (60-80 dollars)
- 8gb RAM (40-60 dollars)
- GT 620 graphics card (50~ish dollars)

That would cost slightly above your price range.

Jan 10, 13 at 8:01am
Sam Lans

That's great! I would love an i5 or i7 but did you notice my budget? 600 dollars, fine for an i5 computer, but with a half decent graphics card that won't bottleneck the cpu?

If you have any ideas for a gaming pc with i5 for under 600bucks then please, do tell!

Jan 10, 13 at 7:31am
sxyplaygirl69hn

Why don't you go for an intel i5 instead of that AMD processor? They are not what they used to be, in terms of games. Intel now has the lead in processing power.

Jan 08, 13 at 1:57am
Crusad3r

Minecraft depends more on your CPU in rendering chunks than it does on your graphics card, so either.

Jan 07, 13 at 11:57pm
Sam Lane

Thank you for the quick reply!

It's a coolermaster 900watt, don't worry , plenty of power.
Would the 250 fps be with the 7770 or the 6850?

Jan 07, 13 at 2:48pm
Crusad3r

Would like to know which power supply you picked to see if it'll support your graphics card.

Otherwise, yes they are compatible. You'll achieve maybe 30FPS with blops and maybe 50 fps with Skyrim. Should run Minecraft at 250fps easy until you install a 256x256 or higher HD texture pack.

Jan 07, 13 at 1:59pm
Sam Lane

Hi!
I'm a complete noob when it comes to building computers and would like to put together a simple, cheap gaming rig preferably under 600 dollars (a low budget i know, please forgive me!!).

Would these components be compatible and would they give me good performance in, say, blackops, skyrim, minecraft, Kerbal space program, etc. I would not be too interested in crazy high settings but medium at 50-60 fps would be nice.

Here's the list,

AMD fx-4100 quad core
Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3.0 Mobo
Radeon 7770. ( possibly upgradable to radeon 6850 or nvidia equiv.)
8gb of cheapy 1333mhz ram ( not important)

Running windows 7 64bit

I have not listed the rest of the parts as I do not believe they will affect the performance of the pc so much

Thank you very much for your help

Sam