Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jan 04, 13 at 9:48pmFluidity

quote Lupin3rd
What's more worrying is what to look forward to, Soul Sacrifice, PSO2 (which I didn't know about til now) aaaand... hmm.
So... I saw this and now I'm worried too. There were what, 5-6 strong titles for the Vita this year? Tbh, I don't think that's all that bad because iirc it's close to what the 3DS had during its first year. But as for 2013, what's the plan? Someone please tell me that there is some sort of lineup or rumors or something that maybe Lupin missed. I'd hate to see my Vita collect dust again because it really is an impressive system.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 06, 13 at 11:14am
Wakaman

A Ys game, nice. I see they included a PS3 headset in that list.

Feb 05, 13 at 2:48am
Agent Mo

Killzone and Tearaway are the only ones that interest me from that list D:

Feb 04, 13 at 9:53pm
Fluidity

Just stumbled upon this list and my faith has been restored.

Jan 31, 13 at 12:35am
Wakaman

I'm convinced the language barrier is nonexistant in Type-0. I hardly understand Japanese myself but that game was beautiful, I still got those feels.

Jan 30, 13 at 3:12pm
Fluidity

That's why I said it's not the same. xD I'm learning Japanese in college and it hardly helps. It would take a very long time to learn the language enough to understand and even if you manage to get through it, you don't get the full experience.

Jan 30, 13 at 3:00pm
Axe

So, uh, not to sound stupid or anything, but...

....won't the Japanese versions of Vita games be in Japanese? I mean yeah, sure, you can play them anywhere, but there isn't much point in my opinion if you're like me and can't understand the language they're in.

Jan 30, 13 at 2:51pm
Fluidity

I'm more interested in the North American view point. Japan always gets more/better titles so I'm not surprised by this at all. We could always import because Sony was nice enough to make the Vita region-free, but it's not the same. I guess any developmental interest no matter where it may be is a good thing though.

Jan 24, 13 at 9:22am
Meikyoushisui

Actually the line up for 2013 isn't all that bad or barren and bleak like most people would say. To prove that let's do some research on famitsu. (Mind you this is from a Japanese sales point of view and not North American)

http://www.famitsu.com/schedule/psv/

Excluding the titles that probably won't increase the Vita sales all that much, for 2013 you have

Feb 2013
-Ciel RE:incarnation (Japan only)
(NOTE: the game sold pretty well in Japan according to some sources and I expect the expansion to do more or less the same)
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
-Phantasy Star Online 2
(NOTE: Phantasy Star Online 2 is HUGE in Japan and second to Monster Hunter. So definitely this title is a tide turner for the console - at least in Japan)

March
-Soul Sacrifice
-Tales of Hearts F (Japan only)
-Steins:Gate (Japan Only)
(NOTE: Steins:Gate's popularity was HUGE in the visual novel/anime scene and the releasing the game on the Vita is a testament that 5pb (the company who made the game) is confident that it will sell well)
-DOA 5 Plus
-Atelier Meruru 3 (Japan only)
-One Piece Kaizoku Musou 2 (This will make it to overseas, that's almost 100% sure)

Unconfirmed release date for 2013
-Jet Set Radio (Jet Grind Radio)
-God Eater 2
-Vahalla Knights 3
-Guilty Gears XX Accent Core Plus R
-Gundam Breaker
-Dragon's Crown
-Zone of the Enders HD

On-Going Projects
-Final Fantasy X remake
-Level 5 unconfirmed RPG
-Atlus - Shin Megami Tensei unconfirmed RPG

Also, I've omitted a bunch of titles that aren't popular or well known in North America. Interesting enough seeing a variety of titles on famitsu says a lot on how the console is performing. The fact that there are a multitude of titles from different genres that are being planned proves that the system is on-going and that 3rd party developers are interested in making games for the console. The PS Vita is not dead, just that IMO Sony is determine to fix their market on the home front first.

Jan 09, 13 at 7:50am
Kinetic

quote Fluidity
Let's hope they're purposely keeping us in the dark and have a few secrets to surprise us with.
Sony is having an hour-long conference coming up soon and are supposed to release information on new software for the Vita and PS3. We should get some news then.

Jan 06, 13 at 6:50pm
Fluidity

Thank God. I didn't know about any of these (good marketing, Sony). I'll most likely give only two of the mentioned a try, which still isn't much but it's something. Let's hope they're purposely keeping us in the dark and have a few secrets to surprise us with.