Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Thinking of Purchasing new parts for my desktop PC » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 04, 13 at 8:54pmDuncan Idaho

i cant quite remember the name of the videocard but it's an intel chipset and my soundcard is realtek., the ram is DDR3, it's mostly for running games or a certain emulator (PCSX2), i want to run some stuff like darksiders, fallout new vegas (i can run this one actually only that it can get veeeeeeeeery laggy then be fine) and recent stuff like dishonored.

Prices for RAM, Videocard, Motherboard and cores please try to avoid suggestions that start ranging on the thousands.use google translate if you dont understand spanish

EDIT the intel card is named Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family)

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 15, 13 at 12:02pm
Duncan Idaho

quote Luis_GT
Can you upload pics, specifically of the insides, I can't really tell from exterior measurements as the interior bays and motherboard support can vary.
let me try seeking some pics, since the PC is still under warranty i cant open it until july, since the sticker has been carefully placed onto on of the screws, removing the sticker will break it, and if i end up with any hardware malfunction i wont be able to well get a free repair.

Jan 15, 13 at 11:58am
Luis_GT

Can you upload pics, specifically of the insides, I can't really tell from exterior measurements as the interior bays and motherboard support can vary.

Jan 15, 13 at 9:42am
Duncan Idaho

actually i found more about the model http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ve/MLV-404240228-vendo-computadora-de-escritorio-vit-_JM look at the case, and looking at it from behind i see some 40 cm's of space, seems most of the stuff was relegated to the top.

only difference is that the guy has a smaller hard drive, i have one of 500 GB

Jan 15, 13 at 9:33am
Duncan Idaho

quote Luis_GT
quote Duncan Idaho
quote Luis_GT
About 3 meters

That case has 2 front USB ports why not use those....
the way my set up is structured means that if i have a wired controller and any one wants something from my closet they will have to step in front of the TV and most likeley step on the wire, by using the back port i can mitigate this issue somehwat, the second is that i dont like to take the risk of the controller unpluggin from the front port, and third, i like to use the front USB ports for mass storage devices, or to hook up my external writer.

as a side note, i migth post the sizes of my current case, if that case lacks of the number of ports my current one has i will be, sligthly sad (it has about 8 USB slots on the front and four on the back) plus SD reader, etc.
I have the CM Elite 430... well, my cousin does since I sold it to him. That case only has 2 front USB ports, a headphone and a microphone jack.

The motherboard you're getting only has 3 sets of USB 2.0 and 1 Set of USB 3.0 for front headers.

The only way to have all of them is to get this.

http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-5-25-Inch-Multi--Internal-RDCR-11004/dp/B007YDJJFS/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358232080&sr=1-11&keywords=USB+3.0+3.5+bay

since the case only uses 1 of the USB front headers
Here are the maesurements of my current case (the one of the PC) 43 cm's of height 43 of long and 18 of width, does this case will do a good job or i really need a new one? 43x43x18

Jan 14, 13 at 10:43pm
Luis_GT

quote Duncan Idaho
quote Luis_GT
About 3 meters

the way my set up is structured means that if i have a wired controller and any one wants something from my closet they will have to step in front of the TV and most likeley step on the wire, by using the back port i can mitigate this issue somehwat, the second is that i dont like to take the risk of the controller unpluggin from the front port, and third, i like to use the front USB ports for mass storage devices, or to hook up my external writer.

as a side note, i migth post the sizes of my current case, if that case lacks of the number of ports my current one has i will be, sligthly sad (it has about 8 USB slots on the front and four on the back) plus SD reader, etc.
I have the CM Elite 430... well, my cousin does since I sold it to him. That case only has 2 front USB ports, a headphone and a microphone jack.

The motherboard you're getting only has 3 sets of USB 2.0 and 1 Set of USB 3.0 for front headers.

The only way to have all of them is to get this.

http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-5-25-Inch-Multi--Internal-RDCR-11004/dp/B007YDJJFS/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358232080&sr=1-11&keywords=USB+3.0+3.5+bay

since the case only uses 1 of the USB front headers

Jan 14, 13 at 10:15pm
Duncan Idaho

quote Luis_GT
About 3 meters

Jan 14, 13 at 10:09pm
Luis_GT

About 3 meters

Jan 14, 13 at 10:03pm
Duncan Idaho

quote Luis_GT
quote Duncan Idaho
quote Luis_GT
If you're planning on using the Xbox controller with the Pc, it won't work unless it's a wired one.
Local store are selling wireless controllers with a small "dongle" that allow it to work on the PC, and how many Meters long is the wired xbox 360 controller?
Too damn long... I haven't measured mine... but it's too damn long...
five meters? three meters? i need to be sure on that, since i will be connecting it to the back of my PC and there i could lose 40 cm's, and about 90-120 extra cm's for reaching my bed (since this will be hooked onto the HD TV)

Jan 14, 13 at 9:58pm
Luis_GT

quote Duncan Idaho
quote Luis_GT
If you're planning on using the Xbox controller with the Pc, it won't work unless it's a wired one.
Local store are selling wireless controllers with a small "dongle" that allow it to work on the PC, and how many Meters long is the wired xbox 360 controller?
Too damn long... I haven't measured mine... but it's too damn long...

Jan 14, 13 at 9:38pm
Duncan Idaho

quote Luis_GT