Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » World of Warcraft » Changes after about... a year and a half? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 04, 13 at 5:00amcheatdude

I quit WoW 1.5 years from now and want to return.
I had a quick look at my brother's computer for changes, and saw that there is no longer a talent tree.

Are the changes disappointing? What are the changes anyway?
Is it worth it? Etc etc etc?

Thanks for any answers

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 11, 13 at 8:19am
oOhennersOo

Mounts are shared between chars, which is nice.

Jan 10, 13 at 6:20pm
Superwalnut

quote Avalith
quote Superwalnut
Prot pally's didn't really get nerfed, mine is still the same, does DGs and raids as well as he used to.

Locks are retardedly OP though.
They take longer to really get going compared to other tanks in MoP imo. I'd call that a nerf.
Definantly require less work than other tanks, and they keep aggro better.

If you can get off a SotR quickly then you're good.

Jan 09, 13 at 8:19pm
Avalith

quote Superwalnut
Prot pally's didn't really get nerfed, mine is still the same, does DGs and raids as well as he used to.

They take longer to really get going compared to other tanks in MoP imo. I'd call that a nerf.

Jan 09, 13 at 4:10pm
Superwalnut

Jan 05, 13 at 10:30am
Avalith

quote cheatdude
So I see that the biggest change is the talent trees.
It reminds me of Diablo 3's skill system. Most people don't like Diablo 3. Is it the same with WoW right now..?

I'm sure there are class changes, but can you name the most disappointing/favored changes?

Thanks
Locks got a huge buff, protadins got a massive nerf, ret paladins have more Holy Power generation for a smoother rotation, kitty druids are going to be next to useless in PvP in 5.2, mages actually got a nerf.

That's about it off the top of my head.

Jan 05, 13 at 4:06am
cheatdude

So I see that the biggest change is the talent trees.
It reminds me of Diablo 3's skill system. Most people don't like Diablo 3. Is it the same with WoW right now..?

I'm sure there are class changes, but can you name the most disappointing/favored changes?

Thanks

Jan 04, 13 at 8:46pm
Superwalnut

I like the talent tree changes, because too many people screw up on their choices, especially for tanks. >.>

And it gives a lot more mobility, because most abilities are situation subjective, so people can change them before a certain raid boss/fight, for example.

Jan 04, 13 at 5:11pm
Etherlight

Like Angy said, there's a lot of changes.

You no longer get talent points, but rather every 15 levels a tier opens up and you get to choose one of the three talents within each tier. The talents are a lot more flexible than it has been, and each tier are designed to cover one particular aspect (such as movement, DPSing, healing, cool-downs,.etc), so you'll be constantly be changing talents depending on situation.

Instead having to learn moves via trainer, you now learn moves as you level. At the same time, each specialization has their own abilities they learn and use in that spec, compared to before where you trained abilities that every spec could use.

Then there are also big class changes, but that's a lot to cover.

Jan 04, 13 at 9:45am
Angyles Cerddoriaeth

Oh man the changes! I personally do not like the talent tree changes. I liked being able to really pick and choose what I wanted to use, now you only get three choices.

There are so many changes it would be difficult to really pin point everything.

Some changes are disappointing, some I love.

Jan 04, 13 at 5:00am
cheatdude

I quit WoW 1.5 years from now and want to return.
I had a quick look at my brother's computer for changes, and saw that there is no longer a talent tree.

Are the changes disappointing? What are the changes anyway?
Is it worth it? Etc etc etc?

Thanks for any answers