Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Yu-Gi-Oh! » Rate My Deck: September 2012 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Please look at the dates of when the last post was added to a thread as bumping a thread who had it's last post a year ago is not prefered.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Millenium Necklace Millenium Key Millenium Rod Bujingi Turtle Yami Yugi Millenium Eye Yugi Muto Akiza Izinski Ancient Faerie Dragon Ancient Fairy Dragon Millenium Scale Black Rose Dragon Black-Winged Dragon Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon Dark Magician Girl Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon Jeweled Red Dragon Archfiend Kite Tenjo Kuriboh Life Stream Dragon Majestic Red Dragon Millenium Puzzle Millenium Ring Yuma Tsukumo Power Tool Dragon Power Tool Mecha Dragon Red Dragon Archfiend Red Dragon Archfiend Assault Mode Red Nova Dragon Joey Wheeler Majestic Star Dragon Reginald Kastle Shooting Quasar Dragon Shooting Star Dragon Stardust Dragon Stardust Dragon Assault Mode Stardust Radiance Dragon Time Wizard Yusei Fudo 2 Yusei Fudo

hideOriginal Post

Jan 03, 13 at 10:23pmxsharkninja

I'm trying to build a strong deck based around Deep Sea Diva's effect in order to easily summon Red Dragon Archfiend and eventually Red Nova Dragon.
Here is the deck list atm.

Monsters: 20
Deep Sea Diva x3
Mermaid Archer x2
Atlantean Dragoons x3
Atlantean Attack Squad x3
Atlantean Heavy Infantry x3
Reese the Ice Mistress x2
Spined Gillman x2
Penguin Soldier x2

Spell: 13
Call of the Atlanteans x2
Surface x2
Salvage x2
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn
Mystical Space Typhoon
Heavy Storm
Smashing Ground
Nobleman of Extermination
Lightning Vortex

Traps: 9
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Draining Shield
Call of the Haunted
Torrential Tribute
Bubble Bringer x2
Mirror Force
Threatening Roar

Total: 42 cards

Extra: 5
Red Dragon Archfiend x3
Red Nova Dragon x2

The main advantage of this deck is that Surface, Salvage and Bubble Bringer allow me to recycle many of my cards to synchro multiple copies of both Red Dragon Archfiend and Red Nova. I included a lot of defensive trap cards to allow me to stall until I get the right cards and worst comes to worst, this deck can function around the effect of Atlantean Dragoons which allows lv3 or lower Sea Serpent monsters to attack directly.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 09, 13 at 8:39pm
xsharkninja

quote Miragedres
Do you have access to Dust Tornado? That could definitely bolster your Side Deck a bit. Also, do you have 15 cards to side in to? Not quite sure how Sangan will help but I don't see it hurting you either xsharkninja
I actually have 2. I'm looking through my spares to see if I have anything useful to side just in case.

quote Swampert X
have you tried out the deck on Dueling Network xsharkninja?
That's where I first tested this idea albeit with better spell/trap cards. I found it very easy to summon Red Nova to the point where I've had 2 copies of Red Nova and a Red Dragon Archfiend on the field at the same time. Surface, Salvage and Call of the Atlanteans are amazing at letting me re-use cards for synchro summons.

Jan 09, 13 at 8:53am
Swampert X

have you tried out the deck on Dueling Network xsharkninja?

Jan 09, 13 at 8:45am
Miragedres

Do you have access to Dust Tornado? That could definitely bolster your Side Deck a bit. Also, do you have 15 cards to side in to? Not quite sure how Sangan will help but I don't see it hurting you either xsharkninja

Jan 08, 13 at 5:21pm
xsharkninja

quote Miragedres
I question 2x Mermaid Archer and 2x Spined Gillman xsharkninja but aside from that you have a cool idea going for you so I think it is local ready. Be aware though, in tournaments your SIDE Deck is going to probably be your most important asset.

Keep Nobleman of Crossout in your Side. Card does wonders against people who like to Set monsters game 2 such as Sangan, Snowman Eater, Ryko, etc...
At the moment I have cards like Sangan and Snowman Eater on the side and I've also sided copies of A Legendary Ocean and Gravity Bind in case I want to run this deck more closely to how the Structure deck I've based it on is run. I can catch people by surprise by switching up my strategy between games.

Jan 05, 13 at 4:13pm
Swampert X

seems to me like this is Atlanteans trying to summon Red Nova. Try using Dragon Ice, it's a higher leveled monster whom you are very likely to summon and activates the efefct of your Atlantean monsters as well.

Jan 05, 13 at 12:52pm
Miragedres

I question 2x Mermaid Archer and 2x Spined Gillman xsharkninja but aside from that you have a cool idea going for you so I think it is local ready. Be aware though, in tournaments your SIDE Deck is going to probably be your most important asset.

Keep Nobleman of Crossout in your Side. Card does wonders against people who like to Set monsters game 2 such as Sangan, Snowman Eater, Ryko, etc...

Jan 04, 13 at 6:00pm
xsharkninja

quote Miragedres
quote xsharkninja
Mystical Space Typhoon
Smashing Ground
Lightning Vortex
Draining Shield
Call of the Haunted
Torrential Tribute
Mirror Force
Threatening Roar
Stuff like these should be run at more than 1 copy to be honest. On that note, Deck looks like it could use some better options in the Spell/Trap department. Stuff like 2x Solemn Warning, a Solemn Judgment, 2-3x Mystical Space Typhoon, 1x Mind Control, 1x Book of Moon, maybe 1-2 Bottomless Trap Hole and/or Compulsory Evacuation Device seem like they would help your Deck more.
thanks for the reply
I'm working under a tight budget atm so the best I can do is add a Book of Moon, replace Nobleman with another MST.

Spell: 14
Surface x2
Salvage x2
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn
Mystical Space Typhoonx2
Heavy Storm
Smashing Ground
Lightning Vortex
Book of Moon

Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Draining Shield
Call of the Haunted
Torrential Tribute
Bubble Bringer x2
Mirror Force
Threatening Roar

Total: 43

On another note, do you think this deck is local worthy? It would be nice to win a local or two so I can buy some better cards.

Jan 04, 13 at 6:11am
Miragedres

quote xsharkninja
Mystical Space Typhoon
Smashing Ground
Lightning Vortex
Draining Shield
Call of the Haunted
Torrential Tribute
Mirror Force
Threatening Roar
Stuff like these should be run at more than 1 copy to be honest. On that note, Deck looks like it could use some better options in the Spell/Trap department. Stuff like 2x Solemn Warning, a Solemn Judgment, 2-3x Mystical Space Typhoon, 1x Mind Control, 1x Book of Moon, maybe 1-2 Bottomless Trap Hole and/or Compulsory Evacuation Device seem like they would help your Deck more.

Jan 03, 13 at 10:23pm
xsharkninja

I'm trying to build a strong deck based around Deep Sea Diva's effect in order to easily summon Red Dragon Archfiend and eventually Red Nova Dragon.
Here is the deck list atm.

Monsters: 20
Deep Sea Diva x3
Mermaid Archer x2
Atlantean Dragoons x3
Atlantean Attack Squad x3
Atlantean Heavy Infantry x3
Reese the Ice Mistress x2
Spined Gillman x2
Penguin Soldier x2

Spell: 13
Surface x2
Salvage x2
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn
Mystical Space Typhoon
Heavy Storm
Smashing Ground
Lightning Vortex

Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Draining Shield
Call of the Haunted
Torrential Tribute
Bubble Bringer x2
Mirror Force
Threatening Roar

Total: 42 cards

Extra: 5
Red Dragon Archfiend x3
Red Nova Dragon x2

The main advantage of this deck is that Surface, Salvage and Bubble Bringer allow me to recycle many of my cards to synchro multiple copies of both Red Dragon Archfiend and Red Nova. I included a lot of defensive trap cards to allow me to stall until I get the right cards and worst comes to worst, this deck can function around the effect of Atlantean Dragoons which allows lv3 or lower Sea Serpent monsters to attack directly.