Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » Dead pixel that isnt a dead pixel? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 03, 13 at 5:37pmhiigaran

so i found a dead pixel on my main monitor. one white pixel that always remains there. strangely enough, when i take a screenshot, it is still in it. therefore, it cant be a monitor problem, and is something else.

could it be the video card?

i only just noticed it now, but i dont know if it has only just started to happen. i need to remind myself to check if it is still there during POST.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 04, 13 at 11:40am
ProudLoz

True, it depends on the company and whether you're within the return window if you bought whatever product that has the dead/stuck pixel.

Jan 04, 13 at 11:35am
harbin

quote ProudLoz
quote harbin
Also, lazy and dead are different things. One is just stuck on a colour temporarily, the other won't work completely.
That's where I was going with this. Although it's not super important, it sometimes is because you can fix one on your own, while the other one will need replacement or repair from the manufacturer.
TBH though, having one dead pixel will not be enough to get a replacement. From what I understand, pretty much all manufacturers will replace/repair the screen if there is a huge amount of dead pixels (over 20 or something?)

Jan 04, 13 at 11:12am
ProudLoz

quote harbin
Also, lazy and dead are different things. One is just stuck on a colour temporarily, the other won't work completely.
That's where I was going with this. Although it's not super important, it sometimes is because you can fix one on your own, while the other one will need replacement or repair from the manufacturer.

Jan 04, 13 at 9:41am
harbin

Chances are it's a lazy/stuck pixel. It occurs every now and again on LCD screens. One way to unstick them is running one of them pixel videos to see if it can unstick, or get the blunt side of a pin and gently apply pressure.

Jan 04, 13 at 8:36am
hiigaran

dead, stuck, hot...same thing, really. its a single pixel that isnt working as it should (though in different ways, granted, but still).

so far i havent seen it again.

Jan 04, 13 at 8:18am
ProudLoz

hiigaran, wouldn't a dead pixel be black because it's dead? I believe you ended up getting a stuck pixel, which can vary in colors depending on what kind of colors the subpixels decide to be stuck on.

The good thing about stuck pixels though is that they can solve themselves, and sometimes unfortunately it's completely permanent and your monitor will need a replacement if it bothers you.

Jan 04, 13 at 1:25am
hiigaran

huh...thats weird...its not appearing now. wut?

so...i guess this is solved?

guess ill come back if it appears again.

also, it was just one white pixel that looked exactly like a dead pixel.

Jan 03, 13 at 9:21pm
The Slayer

Post a screenshot of it.

Only thing I can think of is a very weird video card problem if its not the monitor.

Jan 03, 13 at 5:37pm
hiigaran

so i found a dead pixel on my main monitor. one white pixel that always remains there. strangely enough, when i take a screenshot, it is still in it. therefore, it cant be a monitor problem, and is something else.

could it be the video card?

i only just noticed it now, but i dont know if it has only just started to happen. i need to remind myself to check if it is still there during POST.