Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Demon's Souls » Demon's Souls heads to PSN next week as $20 title, ATLUS turns on temporary easy mode » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jan 03, 13 at 2:28pmRabidChinaGirl

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 15, 13 at 12:27pm
Abyss Raider

Nipsen Too funny!!!

Jan 14, 13 at 9:43am
nipsen

A friend played Demon's Souls. Goes like this: "So.. ah, this thing here shows that you have tende... oh, it's white tendency, now you can get to the scaffold over on the left of Boletaria Castle. Oh, sure, yeah, it's easy now that you have white tendency. No problem. No, look. No, watch out. There's just four, don't panic! Have to move, though, or your stamina depletes. No, don't try to cast miracles, you don't have enough time now, you need to get around, like that one is doi... Right, because backstabs cause a lot of damage. Oh, come on, how was I supposed to remember the four black phantoms! Let's try Tower of Latria instead, that's really easy!".

Jan 14, 13 at 4:18am
Abyss Raider

And it was sooo fun going full Black World Tendency and seeing how many Black Phantoms you could get through before they gutted you!

Jan 13, 13 at 5:21am
nipsen

Except "Pure white" World Tendency is comparable to "controller-wrecking hell" in other games.. The point with it is to gain access to rare areas and items that otherwise don't show up. Arguably it's easier on a lower level character, because you're not as likely to be instantly gibbed (the low level monsters cause slightly less damage, drop marginally lower amounts of soul power, have a bit less stamina). But you still take poison and plague damage like before, for example. Bosses still can kill you in one swipe. Skeletons in 4-1 will kill you in two good hits anyway, etc.

(And stay away from Warhawk unless you like warping lag, "Sony balance" (read: 1 sniper is equal to one assault. Vehicles take one shot to kill, and move like infantry, etc. Basically every unit is worth the same in any situation), and no way to filter games).

Jan 06, 13 at 12:39am
DragonSlayer45

I'm glad Atlus is still doing tendency events. I might hop back on Demon's Souls when it comes around if I have the time.

Jan 05, 13 at 9:11am
Abyss Raider

Happy seeing the best "Soul's" game (in my opinion) still getting love. Sad to see easy mode...
MoneyBags I highly doubt it will. There's really no point for them to do so, seeing as they're only sequels in the "Spiritual" sense, so there's really no reason for them to, because it wouldn't help open up the story at all for those who have played Dark but not Demon's. Don't quote me on this, they may just so happen to release it on Xbox, but in my view, I don't see it happening.

Jan 04, 13 at 6:02pm
Gamesta100

I would personally pick Starhawk. I'm not much of an online gamer and a
always beat a games campaign before I touch online. But Starhawk is the first and only game I played many many hours before finishing campaign.

Borderlands 2 is fun but I enjoyed BL1 way more. I happily platted BL1 but I just can't make myself plat BL2.

Jan 04, 13 at 12:20pm
MoneyBags

Will Demon's Souls ever be released for Xbox 360? I'd so love to be able to play this game on my favorite system!

Jan 04, 13 at 4:43am
Ditnopota

quote Gligar
Im bascially leaning to the one that has the best multiplayer functionality. Since I reckon i'll be playing multiplayer instead of the story mode. for that reason, im leaning towardsd Starhawk online. Apparently, its the best online game for PS3...
Gamesta100 might be a bit of help, since I believe he played Starhawk.

Jan 04, 13 at 4:40am
Gligar

quote Ditnopota
That's a tough one there. Borderlands 2 is the best game of 2012 imo, but Demon's Souls is a classic. Which of the 3 are you leaning toward most?
Im bascially leaning to the one that has the best multiplayer functionality. Since I reckon i'll be playing multiplayer instead of the story mode. for that reason, im leaning towardsd Starhawk online. Apparently, its the best online game for PS3...