Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Wii U » Gamepad USB type? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 02, 13 at 6:31pmtekmosis

What kind of USB cable does the gamepad use? Is it proprietary to Nintendo? I tried pretty much every type of USB cable I have and nothing fits. I went the Bestbuy, and Futureshop and nadda in terms of replacement cables.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 25, 14 at 7:27pm
heyitsrobb

Oh and that charge link means it plugs into a Usb not that the port that plugs into the gamepad is Usb.

At least thats my best guess.
Im gonna keep digging around in my big box of cabels and see if i can find anything off hand that fits.

Apr 25, 14 at 7:24pm
heyitsrobb

Lastly, (to those being general douches) YOur right, you arent supposed to lie to him. But there are other ways to put it other than "NOPE NOPE NOPE your wrong, your an idiot for beilieve that" I understand thats not exactly what you said but that is the air you give off.

Learn some empathy.
Then maybe we wont all be treated like red headed step children when it comes to thrid party software.... Cause i understand from this form why people dont like us.

Apr 25, 14 at 7:20pm
heyitsrobb

No hes asking if its Usb. and if so what type. Its called being nice.
hes right. yall are being Douchey if not just chodes

Secondly I dont think its USB man. I would love it to be that way i could use a spare cord i have but it doesn't look like a usb connector to me.

thirdly, I bet their attitude is based from they culture they are raised.
nintendo is usually an oriental (or yankee if it comes to america) its something about people being packed into small spaces with massive amounts of other people that causes those people to lose their ability to connect with another person. therefor they become (in your words) douchey

Jan 06, 13 at 4:42pm
bond007106

quote Dragoon
Welcome to the Nintendo community, tekmosis, where no one is wrong ever.

Never ever.

Ever.
I dislike it when people try to blame others for their own errors.
He claimed that a proprietary USB format was being used, and got angry at that, when in fact USB is not being used at all.

What are we supposed to say, exactly? "You're right. Clearly it is USB, those cheap third-party products undoubtedly make it so"?
You can buy adaptors for pretty much any DC charging or data transfer format that would allow them to plug into a USB port, but that doesn't make any of them USB any more than this third-party charging lead makes the Wii U gamepad USB.

Jan 06, 13 at 1:52pm
Dragoon

Welcome to the Nintendo community, tekmosis, where no one is wrong ever.

Never ever.

Ever.

Jan 06, 13 at 1:36pm
tekmosis

Nintendo hasn't said what their GPU is yet but a developer has come out and mentioned specs. Just because it's not an official website doesn't mean it's not true.
I'm not sure why you guys are being so douchey over this.

and what...
> Plugs into USB port
> Draws power from USB port
> It's technically not USB

anyways, I got the cable that came with the Wii U back so I no longer need a replacement.

Jan 05, 13 at 9:44am
ims2golfer

Pro controller uses Mini-USB.... but gamepad uses same charger as 3DS

Jan 05, 13 at 9:19am
bond007106

quote tekmosis
Those are neither official websites nor official products. They are third-party charging devices.
Nintendo have never said anything about USB charging. The Wii U gamepad is supposed to be charged from from mains electricity. You cannot claim that Nintendo is using proprietary USB fittings when they aren't using USB at all. Even those third-party cables aren't technically USB; they plug into a USB port, but they only take electricity from the port, they don't transfer data, and are therefore not actually USB.

Jan 04, 13 at 6:46pm
Duncan Idaho

Jan 04, 13 at 6:27pm
tekmosis