Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Yu-Gi-Oh! » Help me decide what to run » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Please look at the dates of when the last post was added to a thread as bumping a thread who had it's last post a year ago is not prefered.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Jan 02, 13 at 4:58pmKent

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 09, 13 at 1:27pm
aynjel

Too far for my interest, man. I could make it to an Arlington one though.

Jan 09, 13 at 5:26am
Miragedres

2 Messenger of Peace is great with Wind-Ups. Protects your little dudes (aka Carrier Zenmaity so it can get its effect off a second time) and you can discard it whenever you feel ready to OTK aynjel

YCS Austin?

Jan 08, 13 at 3:17pm
aynjel

quote Bass Ultra
quote aynjel
Run a Pokemon deck.
How ya doin man?
Preeetty good.

Kent why 2 Messenger of Peace?

Jan 08, 13 at 12:05pm
Bass Ultra

quote aynjel
Run a Pokemon deck.
How ya doin man?

Jan 07, 13 at 6:39pm
aynjel

Run a Pokemon deck.

Jan 06, 13 at 4:44pm
Quetzalcoatl

Lightsworns and Gadgets are a great path to go for . Ive had my Gadget deck since 2007 and wtih a few tweeks here and there it still works perfectly fine . Lightsworns are also a great and strong archetype to play wtih . Make sure to add in a good backrow hate in the side deck . Yay !

Jan 03, 13 at 2:53pm
Psychosis NOS

quote Kent
Wind-Ups have the least consistency of all of them, with the most devastating things sided against them and the most deck space needed to make their combos viable.
Unless you believe the only 'good hand' for Wind-Ups is magician-shark (Which actually can be a relatively valid opinion), Wind-Ups are more consistent than all of the other listed decks except for Geargia Machina.

The side deck doesn't hurt them as much as people tend to believe it does. Popular sides for the deck all revolves around siding for the Mag-Shark into Shock Master play, which is only done on Turn 1 of Game 1 when the opening player has additional backrow to support the Lock.

The most effective Wind-Up play is the advantage gain with Rat + Rabbit. I often find myself having multiple copies of Shark just sitting in the hand doing nothing, since Rat + Rabbit lets the player constantly plus with almost no risk. The goal is to bait out backrow by coming at the opponent with infinite resources before exploding in their face. This is the better play style in games where you aren't going first with an ideal hand of Magician + Shark + >2 traps (one of which is named Solemn Judgment or Starlight Road).

quote Psychosis NOS
Agents are difficult to side against. They're powerful, consistent, and can make ridiculous power plays.

Inzektors have all of the same, but with less consistency.
I'd argue that Inzektors are more consistent than Agents (Although both decks have relatively poor consistency). Agents aren't too difficult to side against either; Macro/Dfissure shut down the deck, and Leeching the Light can be an auto-lose. The latter isn't used as frequently anymore, and the former is an issue for many decks, but I wouldn't base my decision on running Agents purely due to not being affected by the side deck.

The side deck does affect Inzektors and Geargia a great deal, theres no denying that.

This reduces my choices down to Agents or Wind-Ups, thanks.
NOOO GEARGIA NO

Fine, be that way.

Either option works, though Wind-Ups are easier to work around than Agents due to their traditionalyl low attack

Jan 03, 13 at 2:24pm
Kent

Wind-Ups have the least consistency of all of them, with the most devastating things sided against them and the most deck space needed to make their combos viable.
Unless you believe the only 'good hand' for Wind-Ups is magician-shark (Which actually can be a relatively valid opinion), Wind-Ups are more consistent than all of the other listed decks except for Geargia Machina.

The side deck doesn't hurt them as much as people tend to believe it does. Popular sides for the deck all revolves around siding for the Mag-Shark into Shock Master play, which is only done on Turn 1 of Game 1 when the opening player has additional backrow to support the Lock.

The most effective Wind-Up play is the advantage gain with Rat + Rabbit. I often find myself having multiple copies of Shark just sitting in the hand doing nothing, since Rat + Rabbit lets the player constantly plus with almost no risk. The goal is to bait out backrow by coming at the opponent with infinite resources before exploding in their face. This is the better play style in games where you aren't going first with an ideal hand of Magician + Shark + >2 traps (one of which is named Solemn Judgment or Starlight Road).

quote Psychosis NOS
Agents are difficult to side against. They're powerful, consistent, and can make ridiculous power plays.

I'd argue that Inzektors are more consistent than Agents (Although both decks have relatively poor consistency). Agents aren't too difficult to side against either; Macro/Dfissure shut down the deck, and Leeching the Light can be an auto-lose. The latter isn't used as frequently anymore, and the former is an issue for many decks, but I wouldn't base my decision on running Agents purely due to not being affected by the side deck.

The side deck does affect Inzektors and Geargia a great deal, theres no denying that.

This reduces my choices down to Agents or Wind-Ups, thanks.

Jan 03, 13 at 12:33pm
Psychosis NOS

quote Miragedres
quote Psychosis NOS
Your best bet is, in order, Agents, Machina, Inzektors, Wind-Ups
Conventional wisdom (aka recent tournament winners ala YCS) would say that order is in reverse Psychosis NOS with maybe Inzektors and Machina Geargia exchanging places. And to be clear, the Deck currently making waves is GEARGIA Machina not Machina ala Machina Gadgets that are around. Machinas by themselves don't do shit.

Geargia Machina have all those advantages, except you can easily side against them, and the things you side destroy them.

Also, the deck making waves at YCSs tends to be Karakuri Geargia Machina, aka KMX

Jan 03, 13 at 5:30am
Miragedres

quote Psychosis NOS
Your best bet is, in order, Agents, Machina, Inzektors, Wind-Ups
Conventional wisdom (aka recent tournament winners ala YCS) would say that order is in reverse Psychosis NOS with maybe Inzektors and Machina Geargia exchanging places. And to be clear, the Deck currently making waves is GEARGIA Machina not Machina ala Machina Gadgets that are around. Machinas by themselves don't do shit.