Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » New at building » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 17, 13 at 8:17pm
Kayla_2

I want to learn building, too. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Jan 29, 13 at 6:49am
ComputerEd

I have been doing this professionally for over 13 years in my own business and can tell you this is a hard road. You are going to face a few issues out of the gate. First the fact that boutique system builders such as IBuyPower can be very competitive to your prices and often come in lower. If you cut your price to much you really make no profit. The second is that the market for a "gaming" machine is lower than we all hope. People that tend to want that higher end hardware have the skills to build themselves or move to something like an Alienware. Finally do not forget that when you sell a system you have a customer for the life of the PC that thinks you owe him. I am not talking about the warranty alone, which you do, but also any minor issue that might be game related can result in you spending 20 minutes on the phone at strange hours.

As for were to get the parts, Newegg is as good a choice as any.

Jan 02, 13 at 12:34pm
mike159

Hello, I'm am very new at building gaming computers. And I have some questions. I was wondering if I am able to build gaming computers and then reselling them? Would this work? And also, I just need some help with figuring out what parts to buy, where to get them, ect. I heard that newegg.com is a good place to get parts. Anyone know a better site? My budget is not very high, I would say between $500 to about $1000. Hope to get some good advice. Thank you