Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Black Ops II » DLC Pack 1 "Revolution" » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Dec 30, 12 at 11:39amSSJ4BROLY

Was looking on google for info on the first map pack and came across this link.

http://www.noshitshurlock.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-evolution-map-pack-leaked/

The dlc pack comes out on the 29th January for Xbox 360 and includes is four multiplier maps called Hydro, Grind, Downhill and Mirage and a zombies map called Die Rise which sounds very close to the map from WaW Der Ries so maybe they are connected somehow what do you think?

Also included is a new SMG called the peacekeeper.

Really looking forward to this especially the new zombie map.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 08, 13 at 1:14pm
Stewie

Jan 07, 13 at 10:05am
bionicle1995

For the SMG, what they could do is allow non-DLC players to pick it up, but not unlock it.

This way, they cant level it up in any way, but can use it as a gun. They balso wont be able to set it as their primary upon spawn.

Jan 07, 13 at 7:23am
HU1CH13

quote Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
I guess a lot of people haven't played Battlefield 3. They have a ton of DLC weapons.
Everyone gets a patch, and then you play like normal.
They could even make it so you can pick it up. You won't be earning any weapon XP or anything for it, so it really doesn't matter.
Yeah, BF3 and PayDay is what made is came to that idea. I only mentioned the non picking up thing just in case people got mad at the fact some people were able to use those guns for free type thing while they had to spend their money to use them etc.

Jan 07, 13 at 12:36am
Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA

quote HU1CH13
They could just solve that with a patch? Make us download the kill feed icon, sound bank etc but then not allow people who didn't buy it pick it up from the floor. Looking at the name of it anyways it probably is a zombies only weapon.
I guess a lot of people haven't played Battlefield 3. They have a ton of DLC weapons.
Everyone gets a patch, and then you play like normal.
They could even make it so you can pick it up. You won't be earning any weapon XP or anything for it, so it really doesn't matter.

Jan 06, 13 at 11:40pm
Boyd

• Hydro - This large map allows you to use the dam and water to your advantage to block paths and stop enemies.
• Downhill - A medium-sized map based in the French Alps complete with snow, chair lifts, and a strategically placed lodge.
• Grind - Set within the locale of the Venice, California boardwalk, this small skate park map is sure to deliver fast and frenetic Call of Duty action.
• Mirage - This Gobi Desert multiplayer map utilises sand dunes to provide different levels of elevation and a sanctuary in the centre as a natural chokepoint.
• Zombies - Die Rise -The Zombie apocalypse has invaded China, turning down town into a dilapidated and dangerous MC Escher painting.
• Peacekeeper SMG -This impressive sub-machine gun fills the open weapon slot in your load-out with power and accuracy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000697463

Jan 02, 13 at 5:49pm
Wackajack

quote BlackLabel
I'm thinking the Peacekeeper is for Zombies just for logistics really as the gun could be limited to Die Rise only so it's definitely only DLC owners playing.

In Multiplayer it becomes yet another reason to split up players as if the guy with the DLC is using the gun they won't be able to play with non-DLC players seeing as they won't have the gun, the model or anything in their game. Now they could limit it to use in the DLC only playlist but again players that paid for this content will want to use that gun everywhere.

I think limiting it to Zombies and perhaps the one DLC map and subsequent DLC maps is the best way to go, hell it even sounds like a Zombie gun similar to the War Machine, Death Machine, Ray Gun etc..

One thing I did just think about is Treyarch perhaps patching the game to give everyone the gun model with the DLC unlocking it for use. That way it can be used in all maps but again an issue arises when non-DLC owners can't pick the gun up. There are going to be times where non-DLC users will run out of ammo and the nearest gun to them will be a Peacemaker leaving them unarmed in the search for a new gun. Imagine having a kill-streak cut short because a DLC item you didn't have was your nearest and safest gun pick-up, it's not fair to non-DLC owners to have that.
Great post. I was wondering how it would work with non-DLC users in multi-player. I wont be buying it anyway, never liked any of the DLC's released in other COD's. Save my money for the next Skyrim DLC.

Jan 02, 13 at 5:15pm
Arse

quote Faded
I'd love to pick it up if it weren't so damn expensive, but too bad i'm cheap.
Hopefully the peace keeper isn't in MP
A tenner for a new Zombie map is good value mate.

Jan 02, 13 at 9:15am
BlackLabel

Ah yeah I miss-read sorry about that lol.

I just thought that in Zombies no one drops their gun when they die so the gun could be for all maps via the Mystery Box but it'll only appear for those with the DLC. It would need a patch so everyone has like you said before the sound data and external gun model etc. That aside it could theoretically appear in every map.

Jan 02, 13 at 8:57am
HU1CH13

Nah I was meaning non DLC buyers wouldn't be able to pick it up off the floor meaning they couldn't get away with getting to use the gun for free from time to time. But yeah, chances are it will be just for zombies. Wonder then if it will only be able to be used for that new map then a few months down the line, they'll patch it in to be used with all the maps for free.

Jan 02, 13 at 8:49am
BlackLabel

quote HU1CH13
quote BlackLabel
In Multiplayer it becomes yet another reason to split up players as if the guy with the DLC is using the gun they won't be able to play with non-DLC players seeing as they won't have the gun, the model or anything in their game. Now they could limit it to use in the DLC only playlist but again players that paid for this content will want to use that gun everywhere.
They could just solve that with a patch? Make us download the kill feed icon, sound bank etc but then not allow people who didn't buy it pick it up from the floor. Looking at the name of it anyways it probably is a zombies only weapon.
They could solve it with a patch and I suppose they could make it so that non-DLC users could pick it up and in an ideal world they would, I just fear that the CoD community being as it is wouldn't be happy with people that didn't pay using a gun they had to pay for. I have a feeling if it is for Multiplayer they will patch in the relevant info but they won't allow non-DLC users to pick it up, which will suck so much for those that object to paying £32 for maps.

I do still think it's for Zombies though as they have more control over the maps it can appear in and the Zombie fans are used to items and weapons appearing in one map and not another, so I can see it being a Die Rise weapon that may appear in future DLC exclusive maps but won't be in TranZit or Nuketown.