Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Building my very first rig (since '98 era) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 30, 12 at 6:59amSneakPeeker

Hey, everyone. Recently I am looking forward to build my own rig. Haven't got one since it was Windows 98 and Lion King era lol.
Anyhow, here's what I'd like to have:

i3-2120 3.3GHz
8GB of RAM
Mobo, case, I'll find some that fits ( I don't have any plans on OC or Sli/Crossfire)
Power Supply 400-500 (Is it enough?)
500GB HDD
(No SSD because for me it's so damn pricey)

I don't have much budget (say about 400-500$) and here in Indonesia that's quite many (we think that 1000$ on a rig is ridiculous)
Now I'm sort of confused about the GPU part. This is what I stress most, because it's graphics that attracts me into a game. I have my eyes on GTX470, but I'm completely open to any suggestions.Help anyone?

Note: It seems official prices can get deviated a bit. I could get a GT430 1Gb for 40$, but maybe that's the original price idk.

Thanks in advance.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 12, 13 at 4:22am
SneakPeeker

Oh,don't worry too much.
I won't do much with the mobo anyway, just the standard config.
Micro it is then

Edit: Thanks everybody, I've got my rig now (a bit late, I know), and I think it should be capable to run everything I throw at it. I tested it by playing Deus Ex HR on all high settings, and I'm able to play smoothly, much better than what my laptop could do. Thanks again!!

Feb 12, 13 at 3:51am
Nagare

The board is just a slot holder for the card so there should be no issues running the DX11 version of a game, unless you unplug your discrete card for some reason then it will only do DX10.

Between ATX and micro all you're really losing is space and expandability.

Feb 12, 13 at 3:13am
SneakPeeker

If a mobo's spec stated that "DX version: DX10", then if I put a dx11 card in it, can the rig run gamea on dx11?
What is the difference of ATX and Mini ATX form factor?

(I'm really sorry if I asked too much, I'm just not that good at this)

Feb 10, 13 at 9:24pm
aaron6581230

quote SneakPeeker
Hmm
How about CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black?
Also, do I really need to get the case fans (sold separately, dammit) if I'm not planning to overclock anything?

Maybe not for the GPU (it has TwinFrozer IV cooling system), more for the CPU
Do they sell the HAF 912 where you are? If not, the Elite looks fine. It's always a good idea to have at least 2 fans - 1 intake and 1 outtake to ensure enough air goes through the case.

Edit: I've looked up the Dazumba D-vito 801. Looks like a good case if you like the look. Definitely go for that instead.

Feb 10, 13 at 9:00pm
SneakPeeker

Hmm
How about CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black?
Also, do I really need to get the case fans (sold separately, dammit) if I'm not planning to overclock anything?

Maybe not for the GPU (it has TwinFrozer IV cooling system), more for the CPU

Feb 10, 13 at 10:46am
aaron6581230

quote Nagare
I don't know what driver versions these numbers are based on, but according to Anandtech's benches, the 560 seems to perform better than the 650 ti. The 560 should be better in everything but power efficiency really. In this chart, the 560 ti is about 12% than the special 650ti.
Whoops my mistake. In that case, a 560 or 560ti would be a fine choice.

SneakPeeker, I'd recommend against the built in PSU. They're usually pretty average quality. Definitely go with the previous case you picked and stick with the Antec PSU. Although for the case, it might be a good idea to find something by Cooler Master, Antec, or some of the other big-name brands if you can as well.

Feb 10, 13 at 7:50am
SneakPeeker

Ok so I asked around the stores and decided to have an MSI 7850 Power Edition OC and changed the case and PSU to a Powerlogic Climatica C500SX with built in 600w PSU.

I'm not planning to overclock, but do I need to invest in extra case fans? My old laptop starts to chug a bit on Far Cry 2 after a while, so do I have to worry about the same?

(Climatica has a back fan and a side airflow panel, Dazumba has 4 fans built in but no PSU)

Feb 10, 13 at 7:04am
Nagare

I don't know what driver versions these numbers are based on, but according to Anandtech's benches, the 560 seems to perform better than the 650 ti. The 560 should be better in everything but power efficiency really. In this chart, the 560 ti is about 12% than the special 650ti.

Feb 09, 13 at 11:31pm
SneakPeeker

I know, and the thing that bugs me is the memory bus. 560 can get more memory bandwith thanks to its 192 bit bus. What I'm really asking is does that matter in performance?
By the way, how much does 7850 cost?

Feb 09, 13 at 11:12pm
aaron6581230

quote SneakPeeker
Hey it's me again, apparently I could have more budget in hand. I revised the specs, here

AMD FX-4300
Msi 760gm p43 fx mobo
2x4 gb ram team elite
Gtx 650 Ti AMP! ZOTAC 2 gb
500 gb hdd
Dazumba D-vito 801 case
Antec HE 500W

Any thoughts?
Actually the main question is my PSU good enough for the build
As for the AMD proccie, it's for budget reasons for a quad core.
That looks good. Consider getting an HD 7850 over the 650Ti. It'll cost a little more but perform better too. Otherwise, everything else looks fine. I've never heard of that case before though.

By the way, don't compare specs simply by numbers. Something like the GTX650Ti will perform far better than the GTX560 due to changes in architecture allowing for greater efficiency. Same goes for clock speeds of different processors.