Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness » Introduce yourself, Citizen of the Human World » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Adell Ash Baal Crying Prinny Winged Etna Fallen Angel Flonne Flonne Gunner Older Hanako Laharl Laughing Laharl Majin Prinny Prinny Kurtis Scared Prinny Pumpkin Head Sweating Prinny Zenon

hideOriginal Post

Dec 29, 12 at 12:29amShadow of Death

Disgaea fans unite!

I hope to see at least a couple of people I know post here ^_~

I'm Shadow of Death, and I've played all the Disgaea games, except I haven't gotten around to Infinite (and I'm not sure if they ever made that Disgaea Android app for the Item World).

Definitely keen on this direct sequel to the first (and IMO, best) game of the series.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 21, 13 at 3:52pm
Vell

Hi everyone! Vell here! See you in the forums.

Feb 01, 13 at 2:17pm
Tenshi

Shadow of Death - As you can see, I'm the last post in the Information thread. But the information is kinda few and far between, so I don't really remember everything. Besides, most people generally post new threads regarding specifically interesting things, anyways. So I don't really look at Info Threads too much.

As for Etna in underwear... I mean, she used to wear a super short skirt with what I assume would be almost visible underwear. Now it just seems like she's wearing something similar to spats. It's almost less revealing, I think. Sort of like the way that girls don't want you to see them in their underwear, but it's fine to see them in bathing suits. Ya know?

It doesn't really seem to have a dirty connotation IMO.

Feb 01, 13 at 7:54am
Shadow of Death

quote Tenshi
Frozen Atari - Where are you getting this information? This is the first time I've heard anything about Monster Mounts, Tomes, or Etna in underwear. None of which I really have any complaints about.

It just seems like Disgaea to me. And I'm looking forward to it.

Methinks you need to mosey on down to the Information Thread TBH.

Etna in her underwear is the first I've heard of it. I don't really have any problems with that either XD

Feb 01, 13 at 6:57am
Frozen Atari

Here's an article about the monster mounts and here is the books/tomes. There's another picture of Flonne riding a Golem, but I can't find it. If you want to see Etna in her underwear just look at any image of her in DD2.

Never said it wasn't Disgaea, just said the devs are grasping is ways they don't need to to make (rather sell) a good game.

Jan 31, 13 at 11:47am
Tenshi

Frozen Atari - Where are you getting this information? This is the first time I've heard anything about Monster Mounts, Tomes, or Etna in underwear. None of which I really have any complaints about.

It just seems like Disgaea to me. And I'm looking forward to it.

Jan 31, 13 at 10:51am
Frozen Atari

Heya.

After hearing the old weapon learning system is coming back I became interested in series again. So far it looks nice- better than D4.

Monster mounts look like tons of fun- hopefully it'll be much better than the unit sacrificing "weapons mode". I can't wait to have a heavy knight charge into battle on a manticore. Or a dragon. Or a Prinny. What I'm saying is that its going to be freakkin' awesome. It has to be. And at the very least, it's going to be a monster version of throwing, which is going to help monsters to be more flexible on any map.

Books look interesting and they'll give spell slingers more variety than a staff or "crap weapon that doesn't help you cast spells".

But I have to say some superficial choices feel like fan pandering.(not even service at this point, its just shameful) Etna hopping around in underwear just doesn't feel right. She's 12. Or at least looks like it.(Blah blah 1.2K years old or whatever) Never liked the skirt+bra, but this feel too much.
And Fem-Laharl. Oh Jesus shit why? Well alright, I know why. So the die hard fans who really needed a boner from a male cartoon character turned female will buy the game. Because they would have bought the game without it anyway. I know NIS only makes good profit on games with word "Disgaea" in the title but I feel like they're grasping for straws and relying on pleasing far too few people they perceive as their "hard core fan base".

Anyway, here's to more puzzle solving, over the top spells, and goofy low brow humor that we all know and love. Hope it turns out for the best.

Jan 09, 13 at 9:45pm
GlancingReverse

Hey there, GlancingReverse. I've played around with most of the Disgaea games, but haven't really gotten that in-depth into the postgame of any of them except for 1, and even then, not that much.

Really looking forward to this one. Maybe Laharl will get to keep his character development from the first game for a change.

Jan 07, 13 at 5:15am
Tenshi

That's awesome, Muller. That's a combination on that meme that you just don't expect to see.

Jan 06, 13 at 5:02pm
MuLLeR

Really looking forward to this game, can't come out soon enough. Is anyone slightly irritated by the new looks for Laharl and Beauty Queen Etna?

Saw this while searching for pictures :D

Jan 05, 13 at 8:39pm
Tenshi

Shadow of Death - Make sure to notify me or send me a PM or something. I can't wait. I've got a couple other RPGs I'm getting this year, but really I could diss all of them and just play Disgaea D2 and Dragon Quest 7. Really looking forward to that one too. I really wish there were release dates.