Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 » SOMS of the Fortnight » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AS Roma Brisbane Roar Australia MK Dons Elgin City Hibernian FC Barcelona Real Madrid Hellas Verona Lazio Liverpool FC Fluminense Some United Bloke Atalanta Bologna Partick Thistle Palermo Parma Napoli Torino Bromley AFC Bournemouth Arsenal Aston Villa Barnsley Birmingham Blackburn Rovers Blackpool Bolton Wanderers Bradford Brentford Burnley Cardiff City Charlton Athletic Chelsea Chesterfield Crewe Crystal Palace Derby County Everton Exeter Fulham Grimsby Hull City Ipswich Leeds United Leicester City Luton Town Manchester City Manchester United Middlesbrough FC Millwall Newcastle United Norwich Nottingham Forest Peterborough Portsmouth QPR Reading Rotherham United Sheffield United Sheffield Wednesday Southampton Southend United Stevenage Stoke City Swansea Tottenham Tranmere Rovers Watford West Bromwich Albion West Ham Wigan Wolves England FC United of Manchester Olympiakos Milan Fiorentina WC14 Algeria WC14 Argentina WC14 Australia Leighton Baines 3 Leighton Baines Leighton Baines 2 WC14 Belgium WC14 Bosnia and Herzegovina Borussia Dortmund WC14 Brazil Cagliari Catania Aberdeen Celtic Chester WC14 Chile Verona WC14 Ivory Coast WC14 Cameroon WC14 Colombia WC14 Costa Rica WC14 Croatia WC14 Ecuador WC14 England WC14 Spain WC14 France Genoa WC14 Germany WC14 Ghana WC14 Greece Heart of Midlothian WC14 Honduras Casillas Inter WC14 Iran WC14 Italy WC14 Japan Juventus WC14 South Korea Siena WC14 Mexico WC14 Holland WC14 Nigeria Lyon Pescara WC14 Portugal Rangers Real Salt Lake Rugby Town WC14 Russia Sunderland AFC Sampdoria WC14 Switzerland Totti 1 Totti 2 Udinese WC14 Uruguay WC14 USA Van Der Vaart

hideOriginal Post

Dec 28, 12 at 2:58amHigh Road

(Credit Saeglopur)

The increased popularity of Story of My Season Threads (SOMS) has no gone unnoticed, its great to see the forum thriving as people exploit the use of Master League and Become a Legend modes to create a story which keeps the reader glued for the next installment. The Story of Neoseeker FC - run by Cashis last season - took the forum by storm last year and the Lorient connection (Saeglopur, Chelskiman); the thrilling stories of Benjamin Smith's rise to Barcelona and Pierre Bière (do, do, do, do, do!) who helped take the French club into the Europa League still stick in the mind.

So in an idea somewhat borrowed/taken from the Football Manager forum, SOMS of the Fortnight gives one lucky forum member the opportunity to have their story at the forefront of the forum. So what do you win then? The story voted as best of the week will be stickied at the top of the forum AND be referenced under the main forum header.

How does it work? Three SOMS will be nominated every second Friday (by me) with open forum voting commencing until Sunday. This will give winners the chance to have their SOMS in the spotlight for two weeks. So if you haven't started a thread yet about your team or player why not tell your story?

Only one rule so far, you can only have one thread nominated at a time.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 28, 13 at 8:35am
Parmar1993

just noticed the tagline below this thread on the forum "Who is next to face the SOTF Curse?"

also, High Road, why am I still not on the Hall of Fame

Feb 26, 13 at 2:47pm
Johnny Pizza Man 78

quote Mace85
I think it should be between:
Enter the Dragons
Saintrangler
Pure Catenaccio

My SOMS is the ugly duckling of the forum. I will get it looking pretty someday...

Hey, my SOMS also wasn't near pretty but it was sorta sucessful.. I think.

Feb 26, 13 at 12:29pm
Mace85

I think it should be between:
Enter the Dragons
Saintrangler
Pure Catenaccio

My SOMS is the ugly duckling of the forum. I will get it looking pretty someday...

Feb 25, 13 at 4:20pm
Lucas9

IMO, making it monthly risks the competition having one or at best two more winners before nobody decides to continue with their story.

Anyways, my podium would be Adinio's, Parmar's Enter The Dragons, and Mace85's SOMS. I would nominate those three.

Feb 25, 13 at 10:47am
Parmar1993

Keep it as a fortnightly thing. I do agree that Adinio deserves something

Feb 25, 13 at 10:02am
Lyonnais

I'm fine with it being a monthly competition. But Adinio should be put up on the board before we do that. Done excellent updating his while everyone else was inactive, or just starting to come back.

Feb 25, 13 at 9:53am
High Road

Little forum vote or whatever here, I have really been hesitating to choose this fortnight's nominees. When I started this thread there was much more activity story wise in the forum but now however? That is a different issue. So I want to run it by everyone here to see if making this a monthly competition will allow for more updates and really lay pressure off people to produce quality over quantity, and really to give me more to work with choice wise.

So thoughts?

Feb 18, 13 at 11:54am
Adinio

Will there be nominations today perhaps? Doesn't really matter (My SOMS just hit a stride ) but just would like to know

Feb 17, 13 at 10:15am
High Road

It's as simple as I've been in Galway since I announced that winner and the templates are on my main computer at home in Cork.

Feb 17, 13 at 1:11am
Adinio

quote Parmar1993
Also, why is ETD not on the thread header Hall of Fame.
I wondered too.