Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Dragon Warrior VII » Can it Succeed Outside Japan? » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 27, 12 at 10:41pm
Virtue

It's a shame, man. I mean I'm not the biggest RPG guy out there, but I can realize the Dragon Quest series is one of the most in depth games we've seen in recent years. Even if you're not a fan, it's hard to recognize the hours of game play and plot development these games have. I feel like outside of games here, they need to have that sort of hype factor to even get noticed. Very rarely do wee see a series raise out of nothing simply because everyone is willing to try their luck and give it a shot.

Dec 27, 12 at 6:40am
Tenshi

Yeah, it's a great series and people don't seem to notice it as much here. Something about Americans and their stupid FPS's. People don't play turn based RPGs as much anymore, even though action based ones suck.

There's really no way of being able to tell whether or not it will make it over here. I'm just kinda assuming it will, because I really want to play it. Out of the 6 other RPGs on my list for 2013, I'd give 4 of them up if it was the difference between playing or not playing DQ7.

Dec 26, 12 at 1:11pm
Virtue

The Dragon Quest series is incredibly popular in Japan. Widely considered one of the greatest RPG series of all time, DQ has enjoyed constant success throughout its home nation, but goes under the radar for those of us outside of Japan. Nevertheless, other countries have seen more titles coming overseas in recent years. Dragon Quest VIII got an immediate European/North American release date, and older games in the series of been remade for Nintendo handhelds.

Does anyone think we can see this remake in Europe/North America? I'm staying optimistic, as it seems to be growing a bit more popular over here. It's a very underrated series, so I'd like to see it gain some more recognition in other countries.