Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Dynasty Warriors 8 » The Magnificent Five - Fact or Fiction? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 23, 12 at 3:45pm
BrokenKnights

Yup. Basically all made up. Shu's were Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Huang Zhong, Zhao Yun, and Ma Chao. Wei's were Zhang He, Zhang Liao, Xu Huang, Yu Jin, and Yue Jin.

If I were to pick 5 comparable Wu generals (in deeds / time period) they would probably have to be Gan Ning, Ling Tong, Chen Wu, Dong Xi, and Han Dang. Not that those are my favorites by any means, they just seem to fit the bill of veritable badasses.

EDIT: Yikes, Zhou Tai would need to be on that list. Over Chen Wu or Han Dang.

Dec 23, 12 at 3:27pm
MaChaoTheSplendid

I don't think it was legit in history, I mean even Shu's Five Tigers weren't actually known in their own time, pretty sure it was made up later, possibly by Luo?

Same with Wei's, just made up in the novel to match Shu's.

But yeah, the only Wu lot I've heard anything similar about was the group you said.

Dec 23, 12 at 3:01pm
JacqueseVonRIP

quote Deathman48
This is where we need someone like Han Ning and his knowledge of this period.

Shu and Wei supposedly has a "group" of 5 generals (5 Tigers of Shu I think) and so it's highly possible someone made this up to apply to Wu, maybe because they were feeling lonely.
That's odd. I thought Wu already had their own up to date 5 general thing going on around the same time as Shu and Wei, but again I'm not really knowledgable of the period.

Dec 23, 12 at 2:45pm
Deathman48

This is where we need someone like Han Ning and his knowledge of this period.

Shu and Wei supposedly has a "group" of 5 generals (5 Tigers of Shu I think) and so it's highly possible someone made this up to apply to Wu, maybe because they were feeling lonely.

Dec 23, 12 at 2:36pm
JacqueseVonRIP

The Magnificent Five are supposedly the 5 generals Sun Jian, Huang Gai, Cheng Pu, Han Dang, and Zu Mao. I heard about them before from Kongming, but when I checked back just a moment ago it said the group never existed at all and was just the imaginings of some fan. Does anyone know for sure?