Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Wii U » Nintendo cautiously admits that Wii U network IDs can be transferred in the repair process » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 12, 12 at 8:45ambluexy

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 12, 12 at 5:36pm
Duncan Idaho

quote ProudLoz
[quote=Duncan Idaho|message:34055897]
I still think it's not good enough. Everyone is so used to the idea of you being able to make an account and sign in on a different console without having the manufacturer intervene in any of that process, that this seems ridiculous.
Hence why i said improvement compared to the previous situation.

I in fact was not aware of this and made a Nintendo Network ID to get my desired username before I decided to buy my own Wii U Console in the future. Turns out that even if I do buy it, I can't use my Nintendo Network ID now, not until Nintendo does some strange update that will let us all use our Nintendo Network IDs on just about any platform you can think of, including your smartphone.
So nintendo had to choices, on one hand put a possible buggy software and have gamers bitch about it or on the other hand add it later when they are sure it's less buggy and still have gamers bitch, mortons fork indeed.

I don't like this to be honest with you, they should have done this from the get go and added support for other non Wii U devices in the coming months. I am also not a fan of how your purchases are tied down to the console too.
a) The Wiiu is just coming out, it has less than a month it went live so to speak it's still being developed upon, i saw the wii system menu evolution, the original SM was very crappy it wasnt until 3.0 that it ended with some sort of semblance to what people are accustomed too.

b) read what i said above, and i dont see the big deal with purchases is, nintendo is willing to recover the data and transfer it to a new console in case it gets damaged. in theory your account can get hacked, your console cannot be in theory hijacked, sao in my opinion up to a degree your VC games are safer on your console than tied to an account

Dec 12, 12 at 5:14pm
Zombie_Barioth

Certainly an improvement but not very comforting given how dodgy Nintendo is being about this stuff. I really hope its just a matter of rushed development on their part.

Dec 12, 12 at 1:59pm
ProudLoz

quote Duncan Idaho
quote A Person
Not applicable by users, yet.
On the other hand it is an improvment over the previous situation
I still think it's not good enough. Everyone is so used to the idea of you being able to make an account and sign in on a different console without having the manufacturer intervene in any of that process, that this seems ridiculous.

I in fact was not aware of this and made a Nintendo Network ID to get my desired username before I decided to buy my own Wii U Console in the future. Turns out that even if I do buy it, I can't use my Nintendo Network ID now, not until Nintendo does some strange update that will let us all use our Nintendo Network IDs on just about any platform you can think of, including your smartphone.

I don't like this to be honest with you, they should have done this from the get go and added support for other non Wii U devices in the coming months. I am also not a fan of how your purchases are tied down to the console too.

Dec 12, 12 at 1:40pm
Spook

True, true.

Dec 12, 12 at 10:40am
Duncan Idaho

quote A Person
On the other hand it is an improvment over the previous situation

Dec 12, 12 at 10:22am
Spook

Dec 12, 12 at 8:45am