Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » World of Warcraft » DPS help?! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 11, 12 at 9:01pmvoixxy

I feel REALLY dumb, because I'm probably doing something very wrong.

My DPS is averaging around 18k. I'm not really sure why. I've had it higher before - when I was wearing my full Contender's set, I was averaging around 25k - 30k with spikes, but when I started getting heroic gear and equipping it, even after reforging and with both hit and expertise capped out, for some reason i'm down to about 18k. You can check out my profile to see what i've got equipped/enchanted.

I always keep my blades poisoned, usually with Wound Poison (and with Leech Poison), and I keep myself buffed with my Alchemist's Flask.

It must be something with my rotation. I don't play with any mods, so maybe a good combat/battle mod would help? When stealthed, I always open with Ambush, and I keep Revealing Strike up and keep up Sinister Strike, Slice & Dice, Rupture, and Eviscerate. I use Shadow Blades and Killing Spree on cooldown, and use Kidney Shot, Expose Armor, and Disarm whenever I can.

I checked out Noxxic.com and followed the advice on there, including glyphs and whatnot. I just feel like a level 90 combat rogue ought to DPSing significantly better than this.

Help?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 18, 12 at 11:19am
Doffy

That Rogue dps summary is pretty good. Make some macro's too like agility pot + trinket or damage boost CD so it only takes up one space on your action bar and is easy to just pop them all when bloodlust is up or the boss is at an increased damage taken phase.

Dec 18, 12 at 10:15am
Avalith

Fair enough. I have never played a lock and probably never will, so I'm just going based off of other people.

Dec 17, 12 at 11:53pm
Sir Auron

quote Avalith
Sir Auron, according to one of my lock friends, it's haste and crit for demonology. Mastery's just nice to have.
The reson i go for mastery over crit is because of the way mastery works for demonology. It will boost your base damage while in demon form 2.5 times. when in demon form you crit ALOT and then adding Molten Core effects you will crit every time on your soul fire so your throwing 100K fireballs Really quick. With crit your still lookign at unpredicatble damage where i am going for solid reliable damage that snowballs, yes its starts and 15 to 20K shadowbolts but by the time the boss is half life down, you can be set to start throwing 100K every 2 seconds.

Dec 13, 12 at 10:10am
Angyles Cerddoriaeth

Another site you might want to check out as a rogue is Shadowcraft. It is THE site you should as a rogue.

Dec 13, 12 at 1:41am
Avalith

Sir Auron, according to one of my lock friends, it's haste and crit for demonology. Mastery's just nice to have.

Dec 12, 12 at 6:59pm
Sir Auron

I believe that if geared with enough haste and mastery, demonology warlocks are mean. Last night I was running mop heroics and lobing 100k soulfires.... Now that's beast.

Dec 12, 12 at 4:04pm
Avalith

quote Sir Auron
Avalith

Do you know everything about every class? If you do that's sediment. But for those with similar problems with other classes I use Mr. Robot. It's good for maximizing dps.

P.S. my rogue rocks too now thank you very much.
Haha, not by a long shot. Rogues (subtlety is the best spec by far, btw!) and DKs are the only classes I know inside and out for all three specs. I'm currently leveling an Arms/Prot warrior, and I know Ret/Prot for pallies along with Feral/Guardian Druids. I haven't tried Holy yet in MoP.

Dec 12, 12 at 3:48pm
Sir Auron

Avalith

Do you know everything about every class? If you do that's awsome. But for those with similar problems with other classes I use Mr. Robot. It's good for maximizing dps.

P.S. my rogue rocks too now thank you very much.

Dec 12, 12 at 6:22am
Avalith

Not a problem mate. I'm glad I was able to help you out! My rogue was my first level 85 toon back in Cata, and I was all over the legendary in Dragon Soul. I normally play Subtlety myself mainly because everyone always says it can't do PvE, so I understand what you mean entirely about keeping an eye on everything. I miss having Eviscerate refresh Rupture for me.

Dec 12, 12 at 12:57am
voixxy

THANK YOU SO MUCH

I just ran Sha of Anger and a few dungeons and got some better gear, reforged to recap my hit/expertise (caps are at 7.5%, right?) and added to haste. i also made sure everything spare boosted my agility - it was at about 9k and now it's over 12k. i enchanted the new items i have, my avg ilvl is at 460, and i'm low on gold but as soon as i can afford it i'll grab the weapon enchants you were telling me about. i'll definitely check out the addon you mentioned.

i took your advice about my rotation and with that and my gear upgrades/reforges, i'm already i'm up from about 18k to about 30k against a ?? Raider Training Dummy. i can't thank you enough, your advice has already helped a ton. hopefully it'll get even better after i pick up that mod, it's so hard to keep an eye on everything at once - and playing a rogue, the intricacies of combat can be daunting. i love playing rogues though, my mains have always been rogue-y. i like being able to steal things and pick locks and sneak-sneak-KILL.

thanks again for your help and time i'll keep you posted.