Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Safe temperature and voltage for i5-3570k? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 11, 12 at 2:46pm
Luis_GT

quote ROBsupplier
Cool, your temp is my dream one. My temp is usually around 35 - 37"C on Idle, and 85"C for full load (LinX 10 rounds - i7-377k, H100, OC 4.5ghz daily). Try to oc more plz
That's about average for the 3770, I have the same setup as you and have about the same max temps at 4.5 Ghz running prime 95 for 13 hours, The 3570 tend to run a little bit cooler, maybe due to the lack of HT.

Dec 11, 12 at 7:32am
ROBsupplier

Cool, your temp is my dream one. My temp is usually around 35 - 37"C on Idle, and 85"C for full load (LinX 10 rounds - i7-377k, H100, OC 4.5ghz daily). Try to oc more plz

Dec 10, 12 at 12:38pm
Luis_GT

As long as the CPU stays below 90C you're fine. I personally don't like turbo as it uses more voltage that the CPU would require for a certain speed, but they are still within specs.

Overclocking will always decrease the longevity of hardware, but most people upgrade well before that happens, I still have a fully functional P4 system that I built in 2003 and ran overclocked for a while. unless you overheat the CPU or put way too much voltage into it, your CPU could last 20 years overclocked.

Dec 10, 12 at 12:10pm
seethrough

Hey all,

I just set up the turbo boost on my motherboard to overclock to 4200mhz on my i5-3570k. I'm not very experienced with overclocking, but after some googling around I got some different information regarding safe voltages for this processor.

I was wondering if anyone had any input if these were stable temperatures and voltages for my processor (and gpu, it's the 670 FTW with the FPS Target set to 60, ussually OCs to just under 1200mhz when playing games).

Also, is there any sort of extra wear and tear that goes along with overclocking my components to these speeds/temperatures/voltages? Will it decrease the longevity of the components?

Here are my hwmonitor readings after an hour of Planetside 2 maxed out: