Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Skylanders Giants » Skylanders cartoon? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 10, 12 at 9:08amtechnoblastbuster

Hey skylanders fans! With the outcome of Skylanders Giants, do you think there should be a cartoon? Why or Why not? What station should it be on [Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney, etc.] I look forward to your responses!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 15, 13 at 5:11pm
Star

Griffon
Well, they did try to create a Legend of Spyro movie, but it was cancelled. But yes, with Skylanders, they may not stop in their tracks this time.

Jun 15, 13 at 2:00pm
Griffon

pichulover92:

I'm not really too sure, I like the idea of leaving Skylander-based stories to fanfiction better myself. Back in the days when I used to watch TV, cartoons were usually broken into 30 minute blocks, and depending on the show, these 30 minute blocks could be saturated with commercials, some more than others. This means that you would(likely) have less than 30 minutes to tell a story about the Skylanders(probably 22), and I don't think that 22 minutes or so is enough time to tell a meaningful story. In fanfiction, you can write as much as you want, and as long as it's published, the readers can come back to it anytime, so even if it's a story that could take many hours to read, because you could take breaks, it could all still get done, and I think the possibilities behind fanfiction are more dramatic that way. Stories that are quick, not very meaningful, and that have commercials creating distractions aren't effective stories in my opinion.

Anyway, sorry that was a bit too long, but that's what I think. Activision may not agree with me though; if there's a possibility they could make money by doing so(and that possibility seems very real to me), then they might even be considering this already.

Apr 25, 13 at 6:52am
Star

Cartoon Network needs a show that makes since and actually has a storyline to go with it, not another idiotic, random show like MAD or Amazing World of Gumball (seriously... who wants to watch a talking, walking gumball?). I agree some of these shows are funny and entertaining, but I like storylines. I digress.

Skylanders would make a great cartoon. If you think about it, the commercial "Tall Tales" could have easily been a cartoon episode. Jet-Vac could have stormed off in search of the giants to try and make the others believe his tales. Spyro and the others could have gotten worried about him and gone after him, and in the end they find all the giants.

Others too. Easter Surprise could have been one. Stealth Elf was left in the garden, so the Skylanders go out to find her. When they reach the waterhose, she's gone. They end up finding her... (you fill it in).

"Still Friends", "Obey", "Boom", and many others could have been cartoons. It'd be a very funny series to watch, especially with Eruptor: "I don't blend in with anything!" xD

Griffon, what do you think?

Mar 07, 13 at 2:07pm
PORTALMASTER IAN

Hello?

Feb 16, 13 at 4:11pm
PORTALMASTER IAN

Doubley-post?

Feb 12, 13 at 9:14pm
TechnoBlaster

quote PORTALMASTER IAN
Nice face. UHH
A smiley. And remember not to doubley-post!

Feb 12, 13 at 1:09pm
PORTALMASTER IAN

Nice face. UHH

Feb 12, 13 at 7:13am
TechnoBlaster

quote PORTALMASTER IAN
Continue ignoring me about what I said about it being on CITV.

YOU BIG BUMS!
Whatever....
I didn't ignore you!!!

Feb 11, 13 at 1:39pm
PORTALMASTER IAN

Continue ignoring me about what I said about it being on CITV.

YOU BIG BUMS!

Feb 09, 13 at 8:22pm
TechnoBlaster

quote FoneBoneFan15
I think Skylanders cartoon will probably air, but probably not because if it airs on Cartoon Network, it will take the spot of the most popular shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Looney Tunes, and Annoying Orange. It should air on Nickelodeon or Disney Channel.
YEAH, THAT'S TRUE, BUT I STILL WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT ON CARTOON NETWORK...