Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Football Manager 2013 » Everyone has one » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Dec 07, 12 at 3:21amModiga

Everyone has that one player who the scouts and attributes say isn't as good as the rest of the team but seems to always play really well. With my Cuiaba side, I have a right winger called Heider, who my staff only rate as a 2 star player. Since coming into the side last season due to injury he's forced his way into the first team. Now he's a key player for me and the captain of the team, while still being only rated 2 star. Become part of an interchanging front four that score a tonne of goals and assist each other. Had it last year with my Liverpool team and Ryan Tunnicliffe as well, he seemed to always play well for them, even though he was rated only 2 star.

Anyone else had similar experiences with a player?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 08, 12 at 7:42pm
pommyadam

Marko Marin in FM12 for me

assistant rates him no higher than 2* (or was it 2.5 - can't remember)
yet he gets shortlisted for WorldPlayerOfTheYear

work that one out

Dec 08, 12 at 7:21pm
Severance

For me it was Fabian Delph on last year's for my Liverpool team. Coaches didn't rate him massively but he was one of our most consistent performers and created so many chances it was unbelievable.

Dec 08, 12 at 7:14pm
constantplanck

It's funny because your scouts and ass man can only tell you how good a players CA and PA are, not how well their stat distribution will make them play so you always have to trust your eyes.

For my Luverdense squad I have a right back named Regis that my ass man keeps trying to get me to drop but he's second on my squad in avg rating and assists so I will just keep playing him, thank you very much.

Dec 08, 12 at 6:22pm
kgm

I have had a few but none as the good as the ones in here

Dec 08, 12 at 1:07pm
blueboy123

I had Kieran Mcalla at West Brom. I had much better players but I had an injury crisis so promoted him from the reserves and he performed amazingly well and ended up being 1st team for a few seasons

Dec 08, 12 at 3:55am
Parmar1993

in the Youth Academy Challenge i had a striker in my Under 18 side at the start who had 3 for finishing but due to an injury crisis i had to play him.

he scored 32 goals in 28 games. and now has 173 goals in 217 games since then.

Dec 08, 12 at 3:35am
RAT_Dave

quote RVD1000
quote RAT_Dave
Jonny Evans. **1/2, yet had an average rating of 7.9 last season. Where I comically got 85 points and finished 4th. I hate this game.
That's terribly unlucky, I've won titles with fewer points than that.

Precisely.

Dec 08, 12 at 3:17am
RVD1000

quote RAT_Dave
Jonny Evans. **1/2, yet had an average rating of 7.9 last season. Where I comically got 85 points and finished 4th. I hate this game.
That's terribly unlucky, I've won titles with fewer points than that.

Dec 08, 12 at 2:42am
DragonAndLance

Andrea Poli..

Overall rating of atleast 7.20 every season, atleast two goals and 5 assists every season (peaking at 5 goals and 15 assists) over 5 seasons

and Anderson..

Atleast 10 goals, and 10 assists for 3 season with an average of atleast 7.50 over 3 seasons

Both said to be between 2 and a half stars to 3.

they are also both favourites at the club.

Dec 07, 12 at 3:18pm
LegendOfNufc

I moved from Fulham to Man Utd cos they had a massive budget and this regen, he is rated 1.5* current abilityers was my first signing from Boca Juniors, he was called Hugo Romano and he is actually really good, forcing out a few big players