Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Guardian Cross » WARNING: Forum Flooding/Excessive Bumping/Offering Rewards for Bumps » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Welcome to the Guardian Cross forum on Neoseeker.com

Please note that we have provided a prefix system so users can better find your threads (listed next to the thread subject). Please try to use the appropriate one when possible. [ general | help | codes | guilds | selling | buying | trading ]. Clicking a prefix limits the display to threads of just that type.

Note: You should use the buying/selling tags for real-money trades and the trading tag for in-game trades involving ss/gs stones, etc. The general tag is for discussion topics and the help tag is for question threads.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 07, 12 at 3:07amDynamite

Hey guys.

This is common sense for most of you, but there's a collection of users here who think it is okay to flood this forum with many topics about the same sales in quick succession on multiple accounts or trying to encourage other people to bump their topics repeatedly every minute by offering them a reward for doing so. These are the type of thread I'm talking about: This is pissing other people off who are trying to sell things here and is highly disruptive. Those who I catch doing this are going to receive sanctions and their topics will be closed/deleted. Enough of this nonsense. I don't mind people sensibly bumping their own topics, but abusing our leniency in relation to bumps is not acceptable.

- Tiffany

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 14, 12 at 11:59am
Problems4U

Why can't you set a stopper for it in the software? Max 1 bump per hour and max 6-24 posts per day for instance. That would solve a lot of problems.

Dec 14, 12 at 7:55am
MightyRoar

Well i was abusive i guess. Im sorry for all of this. And to all people who couldnt done their tradings because of me

Dec 07, 12 at 5:18pm
Dynamite

quote dasher
You removed the original threads so I can't read what their offers were.

I had been bumping a once per ten minutes and once per 15 minutes -- are those okay? Or just bump less often?
Look, all I'm asking is that people use their common sense and don't go out of their way to be disruptive and annoying to others. I'm not gonna start getting anal about specific time limits and whatnot. If your topic falls off page 1 and you're still trying to make a sale then it's fine to bump that. I just don't want people bumping their own topics every 30 seconds with one of their 10 accounts or offering cards to people to continually spam their topics with bumps.

If you're just acting normally and casually bumping your own topic then I don't have a problem with you. The only people affected by this are the people abusing the board by going out of their way to be disruptive.

- Tiffany

Dec 07, 12 at 1:46pm
dasher

You removed the original threads so I can't read what their offers were.

I had been bumping a once per ten minutes and once per 15 minutes -- are those okay? Or just bump less often?

Dec 07, 12 at 8:44am
Bohica

I see, thanks for your reaction

Dec 07, 12 at 7:29am
Dynamite

quote Bohica
Bumping once every hour isn't flooding is it?
No. Bumping every minute, or close to it, is though. That's what people have been doing.

Dec 07, 12 at 6:51am
Bohica

Bumping once every hour isn't flooding is it?

Dec 07, 12 at 3:07am
Dynamite

Hey guys.

This is common sense for most of you, but there's a collection of users here who think it is okay to flood this forum with many topics about the same sales in quick succession on multiple accounts or trying to encourage other people to bump their topics repeatedly every minute by offering them a reward for doing so. These are the type of thread I'm talking about: This is pissing other people off who are trying to sell things here and is highly disruptive. Those who I catch doing this are going to receive sanctions and their topics will be closed/deleted. Enough of this nonsense. I don't mind people sensibly bumping their own topics, but abusing our leniency in relation to bumps is not acceptable.

- Tiffany