Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Far Cry 3 » Your Favorite Weapon(s)? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 06, 12 at 8:12amShadow of Death

I haven't unlocked them all yet, but so far I'm liking the Bow and the knife the most. I make most of my kills with those. The bow has the advantage of being able to recover spent ammo. It also seems more prone to 1 hit kills on regularl animals and enemies. It can't one shot tougher creatures I think, but that's when I take out my assault rifle or knife. The knife is great for stealth kills and running up to enemies that haven't gone on the offensive, if they're close enough. I haven't even tried using the specialty arrows (fire and explosive), namely because I haven't unlocked them XD

The sniper rifle that came with the DLC was pretty good too. It helped me in an early mission, though I ran out of ammo and just switched back to the bow XD

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 30, 14 at 8:37pm
DeklanSD

It doesn't matter if you like stealth or chaos, the shredder is a amazing weapon, it's 3725$ or something close to that. It's a vector with a extended mag, reflex scope and silencer, the name is very accurate, IT SHREDS ENEMIES!! A single shot to the head will kill them with no sound, and it is the fastest gun in the game, it can take down a heavy in about 2 seconds (I'm not joking). It's easy to get two, just ten memory cards to unlock it in the shop ( still have to pay though) and if your thinking 10 cards is a lot, there's basically a card in every base,you'll get it before you get the shadow (a pistol)!

Jul 25, 13 at 1:02pm
metalhead555-666

I love the D50 hand gun, I can just destroy enemies with and it can kill bears in 3 shots so its great for hunting, I know for sure that in can go through 3 enemies with 1 shot, I also like the recurve bow and the shredder, the 1887 shotgun is really good for taking over outposts and going through tight places in levels

Jun 11, 13 at 7:25am
hiigaran

i always try to go for a takedown, before resorting to other methods. i prefer a death from above takedown, since its easier to lure them towards your landing spot with a rock, and you can take out two if you have the double death from above perk. if takedowns dont work, or you want to find another stealthy way to take out a heavy, if it is a pirate heavy, you can one shot them in the head when they have their back to you, as their face protection has limited coverage. if you want to one hit a privateer heavy, you need the Z93 (with suppressor of course). no other sniper will one hit them (aside from the AMR, but it doesnt have a suppressor).

also, find half of the lost letters, and you can get a better knife which does much more damage when doing non takedown melee.

Jun 11, 13 at 5:35am
Paranoid Android

quote hiigaran
nah, the rpg is too cumbersome. get a recurve bow, and craft explosive arrows for it. two hits on a heavy, and he is dead. fast rate of fire, and with the marksmans sights on the bow, you can accurately hit guys from afar, without giving away your position.

used to like the ACE myself, but the bushman was more useful. i just hate the scope on it. i prefer the red dot sight.

whats the difference, anyway? well, aside from the other scope being more annoying to use over the red dot.
Thanks for the heavy tip. Never quite figured out a way to take one out without hurling several C4 charges at them before unloading an entire magazine from an assault rifle. The knife also works, but you'll sustain a lot of damage.

Jun 08, 13 at 5:16pm
hiigaran

nah, the rpg is too cumbersome. get a recurve bow, and craft explosive arrows for it. two hits on a heavy, and he is dead. fast rate of fire, and with the marksmans sights on the bow, you can accurately hit guys from afar, without giving away your position.

used to like the ACE myself, but the bushman was more useful. i just hate the scope on it. i prefer the red dot sight.

whats the difference, anyway? well, aside from the other scope being more annoying to use over the red dot.

Jun 08, 13 at 5:00pm
Paranoid Android

Definitely the ACE. Sexy, powerful, and combined with a red dot sight and extended magazine, is quite the rifle to take out your enemies, pirates or animals.

I've got to get around to using the RPG. I've taken too much damage from them without actually using one.

May 09, 13 at 8:51am
danielray144

I just got to the south island yesterday. I unlcoked some radio towers and got the Vector .45 ACP.
I really favor this weapon. The Shredder was 5 stars with a optical sight, supressor, extended mag,
and custom paint. I go for closer range, so I got the normal Vector and put a Red Dot Sight, suppressor,
extended mag, and my own custom paint on it, and it got a 5 star rating. Sweet.

Jan 19, 13 at 3:04pm
Arsa

My favorite is definitely the knife.

I then use the M-700 sniper rifle with the high power scope and a sound suppressor

I also like to use the MS16 with a sound suppressor.

I don't like any other weapon so i just have the repair tool.

Jan 13, 13 at 1:32pm
Spook

After spending considerable amount of time with the weapons, I want to change my answer to the bow. It's mad fun picking off mercenaries from the brush.

Jan 13, 13 at 9:27am
Lord Ivan

Mine would have to be the flamethrower, just because I can burn down entire villages!