Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Gaming Lounge » Journey and composer Austin Wintory receive Grammy nomination for Best Score Soundtrack » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 05, 12 at 10:26pmbluexy

Journey and composer Austin Wintory receive Grammy nomination for Best Score Soundtrack

Rory Young - Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:26pm (PST) Like Share
Gaming's first Grammy nomination
 Image 1

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 06, 12 at 9:32am
bluexy

flyongengar It's certainly worth noting that Baba Yetu was originally a track specifically made for Civilization V. There's a large divide, however, between a track that generally stands apart from the experience of a game and a full score that's not only representative of a game in its entirety but practically inseparable from the experience.

Dec 06, 12 at 9:26am
flygongengar

I don't get all the "it's about time" people are spouting in regards to this.

Civilization IV called, "Baba Yetu" was the first video game song to get nominated for a Grammy (which is also won) in 2011.

Dec 06, 12 at 7:04am
Fluidity

Symphonic Abyss you should check this out.

I've been meaning to look into this game as I've heard nothing but good things about it and it looks really interesting. I'm big into the music for games and anime I like so this is just another reason to get to it. I'd listen to the videos now but the computers in this campus lab don't have speakers and I don't have my headphones, go figure.

Dec 06, 12 at 6:53am
harbin

Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit, took the midni---

Oh wait... wrong Journey.

Soundtrack does sound nice though.

Dec 06, 12 at 6:43am
Adrienne

quote kuje
quote Smell The Chiken
This isn't really gaming's first Grammy nomination. I believe last year the theme to Civilization V, Baba Yetu, won the Grammy for Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalists. Just saying.
This is the first time an entire soundtrack has been nominated.
"It is the first Grammy nomination a video game has ever received," says the article. Journey is a really nice experience, so I'm glad to see some part of it up for a Grammy.

Dec 06, 12 at 6:34am
THM

The soundtrack of 'Journey' is poignant...yet the music from 'The Dark Knight Rises' still rock

Dec 06, 12 at 6:26am
kuje

quote Smell The Chiken
This isn't really gaming's first Grammy nomination. I believe last year the theme to Civilization V, Baba Yetu, won the Grammy for Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalists. Just saying.
This is the first time an entire soundtrack has been nominated.

Dec 06, 12 at 5:47am
Smell The Chiken

Dec 06, 12 at 4:26am
Demonfurby

Grammys

Just another reason they're a joke.

Dec 06, 12 at 4:22am
LloydToS

It's really a great soundtrack, I've listened to alot of this type of music and it does stand out.