Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Looking to get a new Graphics Card » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 05, 12 at 12:08pmS h a d o w

I currently have a ATI 5770 (but a version by HiS) and am looking to get a new card but an nVidia one.

I've had a few problems with this one like dodgy drivers causing crashes and blue screens along with something so simple yet incredibly annoying, the magnifying cursor also caused by the drivers. Tired updating and changing drivers to no success so I can't be bothered tbh.

I am looking to get a nVidia card that is equal or preferably a little more powerful than my current one. THIS is the card I currently have. I like the fact is had DX11, HDMI, crossfire compatible etc.
Only thing it needs is a dvi/vga slot and a separate HDMI port just because I sometimes plug it into my TV as well.

I never know what to get because there are so many out there and they all have different names.

I usually play games like Portal, GTA San Andreas, GTA IV and looking to be good for GTA V.
I'm looking to spent about £180 or close to.

Thanks

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 12, 12 at 1:25pm
S h a d o w

Really? Oh that's good, looks bigger on the picture I guess.

Dec 11, 12 at 4:18am
bobbyg2

The GTX 660 is the same thickness as your 5770, if your slots aren't blocked by the card you have now it shouldn't be blocked by the GTX 660.

Dec 11, 12 at 3:10am
S h a d o w

Maybe there is another card with equal or close to performance and features but is a bit smaller. I'am open to other options so I have a good choice

Dec 09, 12 at 2:24pm
S h a d o w

I have 2 PCI-E slots, graphics card in the top and sound card below, I'm not sure if there would be enough room for both or not, also the sound card may obstruct the graphics card fan. Hmm

Dec 06, 12 at 11:12am
bobbyg2

Do you have any other PCI slots? What other slots do you have? if you have an PCI-E slot, you could use one of these: http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Express-Adapter-Card-PEX1PCI1/dp/B0024CV3SA

Dec 06, 12 at 9:44am
S h a d o w

Looks like a beast.
By the picture it looks like it may get in the way of my other PCI slot, any ideas?. Just checking because I have a sound card in the other slot below it.

Dec 05, 12 at 1:33pm
bobbyg2

Dec 05, 12 at 12:08pm
S h a d o w

I currently have a ATI 5770 (but a version by HiS) and am looking to get a new card but an nVidia one.

I've had a few problems with this one like dodgy drivers causing crashes and blue screens along with something so simple yet incredibly annoying, the magnifying cursor also caused by the drivers. Tired updating and changing drivers to no success so I can't be bothered tbh.

I am looking to get a nVidia card that is equal or preferably a little more powerful than my current one. THIS is the card I currently have. I like the fact is had DX11, HDMI, crossfire compatible etc.
Only thing it needs is a dvi/vga slot and a separate HDMI port just because I sometimes plug it into my TV as well.

I never know what to get because there are so many out there and they all have different names.

I usually play games like Portal, GTA San Andreas, GTA IV and looking to be good for GTA V.
I'm looking to spent about £180 or close to.

Thanks