Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » Looking for advice for new laptop » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 27, 12 at 4:57pm
Slayerholic17

I am also looking for a new computer. I have currently a sony vaio that has some sort of hybrid video card that can't be updated. I play WoW and Guild Wars 2 and it runs sooo slow on my laptop. Ideally I would like to keep it under $1000. I've been reading about alienware which I thought was the way to go, but then read some reviews about the motherboards frying after a few months on the cheaper ones.

I was looking at this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Inspiron+17.3%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/6697664.p?id=1218782849014&skuId=6697664#tab=specifications.

I just want something I can play games on with high graphics settings with a good frame rate...right now all the games I play are at the lowest graphic setting and worst resolution possible. Any advice would be appreciated. I don't know much about computers.

Dec 16, 12 at 10:10pm
harhis23

I think Sony Vaio S13 would do. It's priced a little below your budget but it has pretty decent specs: Core i5 CPU, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GT 640M LE GPU, 640 HDD, 13 inches screen.

Dec 11, 12 at 7:44am
ROBsupplier

If you are not care about brand-new or refurbish,i suggest you should take a look on Alienware laptop. There are a lot of deal to lower its price 20% - 30%. Normally, one Alienware M17X R3 ref is around $1200 - $1300 based on it specification. You can google for code and apply in dell outlet store.

Demo about alienware laptop M17X R3 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJvQRHQoH9E&noredirect=1

Dec 05, 12 at 11:43am
Kosseca

We currently have an old desktop that needs to go. The office where the desktop is currently located in will be turn into a bedroom soon. Given that I may take a laptop on occasional business trip oversee a pure "desktop" replacement may not be ideal. In any event, seems like a laptop would be the best solution for us at this point.

Also, I'm looking for something very versatile as I will use it for pretty much everything: Media streaming, gaming (Guildwar2/Starcradf/DiabloIII), spreadsheet, etc...

Budget wise, I would like to find something bellow 1000$CAN/US if possible.

Can anyone can
1- guide me on the spec I should be looking for given my usage
At this point, I suspect that I need:

CPU with 3rd gen i7
8 ram DDR 1600
a dedicated card with 2G of memory

on my wish list I would add:
back-lid keyboard,
Blue ray disk

2- point in the direction of the best deal out there? I live in Canada, so if anyone knows about a good place to buy laptop... that would be great.