Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » Looking for advice for new laptop » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 27, 12 at 4:57pm
Slayerholic17

I am also looking for a new computer. I have currently a sony vaio that has some sort of hybrid video card that can't be updated. I play WoW and Guild Wars 2 and it runs sooo slow on my laptop. Ideally I would like to keep it under $1000. I've been reading about alienware which I thought was the way to go, but then read some reviews about the motherboards frying after a few months on the cheaper ones.

I was looking at this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Inspiron+17.3%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/6697664.p?id=1218782849014&skuId=6697664#tab=specifications.

I just want something I can play games on with high graphics settings with a good frame rate...right now all the games I play are at the lowest graphic setting and worst resolution possible. Any advice would be appreciated. I don't know much about computers.

Dec 16, 12 at 10:10pm
harhis23

I think Sony Vaio S13 would do. It's priced a little below your budget but it has pretty decent specs: Core i5 CPU, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GT 640M LE GPU, 640 HDD, 13 inches screen.

Dec 11, 12 at 7:44am
ROBsupplier

If you are not care about brand-new or refurbish,i suggest you should take a look on Alienware laptop. There are a lot of deal to lower its price 20% - 30%. Normally, one Alienware M17X R3 ref is around $1200 - $1300 based on it specification. You can google for code and apply in dell outlet store.

Demo about alienware laptop M17X R3 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJvQRHQoH9E&noredirect=1

Dec 05, 12 at 11:43am
Kosseca

We currently have an old desktop that needs to go. The office where the desktop is currently located in will be turn into a bedroom soon. Given that I may take a laptop on occasional business trip oversee a pure "desktop" replacement may not be ideal. In any event, seems like a laptop would be the best solution for us at this point.

Also, I'm looking for something very versatile as I will use it for pretty much everything: Media streaming, gaming (Guildwar2/Starcradf/DiabloIII), spreadsheet, etc...

Budget wise, I would like to find something bellow 1000$CAN/US if possible.

Can anyone can
1- guide me on the spec I should be looking for given my usage
At this point, I suspect that I need:

CPU with 3rd gen i7
8 ram DDR 1600
a dedicated card with 2G of memory

on my wish list I would add:
back-lid keyboard,
Blue ray disk

2- point in the direction of the best deal out there? I live in Canada, so if anyone knows about a good place to buy laptop... that would be great.