Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Monitor Decision » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 08, 12 at 4:53pm
tycoonrollerg

Well the thing is, I'm using dual monitor with these two monitor/TVs anyway, so it's not a matter of buying things (sorry if I was unclear). I don't use my second monitor and am thinking about downgrading. The TV I'm using is in fact 720p, but when using it up close, there is not a big quality difference. When I use the 19" monitor, I am able to see more content in a window, but still keep in mind; it's a 19" monitor compared to a 26" TV with some foreign resolution... but as I said, there's no huge difference. So the bottom line is, disregarding quality since I know that both of them are good enough quality for me, would you rather have more content seen in a window or just a larger screen? Thanks... I'm leaning toward the TV, but my monitor has less hassles regarding shown window content. I'm not sure; I might keep dual monitor, but still, that's holding me back $100 that's going towards my custom computer build.

Dec 08, 12 at 7:39am
Crusad3r

I really doubt you'll want a 26" 1360x768. It'll look pretty terrible. My 24" screen uses 1920x1080 and I feel it's about just right.

Dec 07, 12 at 9:03pm
CarRamrod

Until August I had been using a Samsung 19" 1440x900 monitor. The picture was good. Very crisp and everything you may be looking for. I switched to a 27" 2560x1440 monitor in August and this thing blows my 19" monitor away. I've never used a 26" 1360x768 monitor so I'm not sure on how it will look. I'm sure it's fine, but if you are gaming, at that size I would recommend going with a 1920x1080 as it will be a better all-around experience.

The thing is that the 19" resolution you provided is a 16:10 aspect ratio, while the other is essentially equivalent to a 720p HDTV (16:9 ratio), but it is a little off as that is easier to manufacture. Neither one is a bad resolution.

If you are willing to spend a little more you could go with a 27" 2560x1440 monitor from eBay like I did, as was recommended in this forum actually.

If you are forced between only those two sizes and resolutions I would most likely go with the 26" for the sake of a larger screen. BUT, if you are not using this for any gaming or development work purposes then at that point it's really just a toss up of what you want to spend and if size would really matter much to you. Provide a little more info and that will help anyone here help you.

Also, I'm sure there are others here who have more knowledge and/or are better at explaining it so I'll leave it to them, plus I'm tired.

Dec 05, 12 at 11:17am
tycoonrollerg

What's a preferable computer monitor; a 26" 1360×768 television or a 19" 1440×900 monitor? Thanks.