Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions » [Feedback] GameGrep & News » Post Reply

Note to Guests: This forum is only for issues related to neoseeker.com. Please, do not post questions related to games. RFS is for site related discussion. If you require gaming help, check the forum directory here and search for the correct forum.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 05, 12 at 5:02amAgua

I was checking my profile and noticed I had gamegrep points...
Is GameGrep still around? I forgot what the purpose of it was...
Wasn't it just for news? And if so why isn't it linked with the news at the home page?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 05, 12 at 11:54pm
Agua

Darn, a universal login would be nice considering I have been logging on here via facebook and thusly forgot my password.

Dec 05, 12 at 5:35pm
Arietta

Devpen used an Invision PowerBoard, so you needed to register an account there.
Last big process I managed to do there was to clean up all the spam and spam accounts.

But yeah it died in 2010. I tried to revive it but never managed to do much because it was my last year of high school.

Dec 05, 12 at 1:32pm
Nagare

harbin Devpen died. We started a project to bring it back in 2010, but that never took off past the initial planning and a few design mock ups.

Dec 05, 12 at 1:20pm
harbin

So GFXcess doesn't exist now. What about that DEVPen then?

The site exists, but there is nothing going on and because the forums don't exist you can't register.

Dec 05, 12 at 12:59pm
VeGiTAX2

Other accounts are needed on the rest of the network, GG and formerly GFXcess were the only sites to work with cross integration at this point. I'm unsure if we'll have a universal login system though, there are a lot of other projects that take priority at this point.

Dec 05, 12 at 11:36am
Arietta

99% certain you need another account for the other sites.

Dec 05, 12 at 11:23am
harbin

quote Saga
quote Agua
it still uses the same login info as neoseeker, correct?
Yup. You have a Neoseeker account, you have a GameGrep account.
Does the same apply with the other sister websites such as Overclockers Club then? Or this that completely separate and just affiliated?

Dec 05, 12 at 8:46am
Arietta

quote Agua
Yup. You have a Neoseeker account, you have a GameGrep account.

Dec 05, 12 at 8:32am
Agua

Dec 05, 12 at 8:27am
VeGiTAX2

quote Agua
I was checking my profile and noticed I had gamegrep points...
Is GameGrep still around? I forgot what the purpose of it was...
Wasn't it just for news? And if so why isn't it linked with the news at the home page?

Hi Agua, as noted, GameGrep is still around, the primary focus is news aggregation and indexing though where Neo is original content, as a result of that we really don't plan on featuring GG mixed in with the front page news at this point. We have many other sister sites in the network but those will not share the same homepage either anytime soon.