Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Yu-Gi-Oh! » I Sold Mah Cards » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Please look at the dates of when the last post was added to a thread as bumping a thread who had it's last post a year ago is not prefered.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Millenium Necklace Millenium Key Millenium Rod Bujingi Turtle Yami Yugi Millenium Eye Yugi Muto Akiza Izinski Ancient Faerie Dragon Ancient Fairy Dragon Millenium Scale Black Rose Dragon Black-Winged Dragon Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon Dark Magician Girl Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon Jeweled Red Dragon Archfiend Kite Tenjo Kuriboh Life Stream Dragon Majestic Red Dragon Millenium Puzzle Millenium Ring Yuma Tsukumo Power Tool Dragon Power Tool Mecha Dragon Red Dragon Archfiend Red Dragon Archfiend Assault Mode Red Nova Dragon Joey Wheeler Majestic Star Dragon Reginald Kastle Shooting Quasar Dragon Shooting Star Dragon Stardust Dragon Stardust Dragon Assault Mode Stardust Radiance Dragon Time Wizard Yusei Fudo 2 Yusei Fudo

hideOriginal Post

Dec 04, 12 at 7:01pmKaiba

I've sold most every card I had that was even kind of worth something. Sold a bunch to coretcg for $323, and whatever they wouldn't take I sold to my locals for $75.

So yeah. Gave up all those cards I wasn't using for $400.

The only thing I kept was my Dragon Exodia deck.

Discuss.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 17, 12 at 5:32pm
GameOver

Kaiba
Aww, thats nice. :3

Dec 09, 12 at 1:50pm
Spook

That's... thoughtful.

Dec 08, 12 at 9:36pm
Kaiba

Buy Christmas presents for people.

Dec 08, 12 at 7:18pm
Spook

What do you intend to do with the money?

Dec 08, 12 at 12:34pm
Quetzalcoatl

Might as well sell your Neoseeker account along the way.

Dec 07, 12 at 7:52am
Kaiba

How the *bleep* is making $400 off of shit I'm not using a bad thing?

Dec 06, 12 at 5:28pm
AlucardZain

Sad day Kaiba. I hope you will still kickass and take names. Maybe I should do the same thing too, since I don't have a job yet, and theres only a select few I know that still play around me.

Dec 05, 12 at 6:38pm
Psychosis NOS

I'm excited because I understood it perfectly ^-^

Dec 05, 12 at 11:07am
Miragedres

quote Kaiba
much like this entire post probably will.
Damn skippy.

Dec 05, 12 at 10:56am
Kaiba

quote Miragedres
Damn Kaiba. You don't have time to spend money on YGO?
Read my post again:
quote Kaiba
I have neither the time for nor the willingness to spend money on Yu-Gi-Oh!
Nor is a conjunction. Meaning it connects two sentences (with the help of 'neither'). In this case the two sentences are PurpleBlackBlueGreen and PurpleBlackRedGreen.

Of course, had they been two separate sentences, the purple-black bit would be "I don't have" rather than "I have neither". However, seeing as the only difference between the two sentences is the red/blue bit, it makes more sense to go the less redundant route of combining them via a conjuction. Not to mention the fact that "time for" needs to be completed by a verb or noun (in this case YGO), as well as "spend money on" needing the same thing. Seeing as "nor the willingness to spend money on" is not a valid completion of the statement of "I don't have the time for ___", it obviously must be completed by the ending word "Yu-Gi-Oh!". Furthermore, since the completion word is the same for both blue and red, there is no need to state it twice. "I have neither ___ nor ___ [regarding] Yu-Gi-Oh!" should speak for itself, but apparently still manages to go over your head...much like this entire post probably will.

Sometimes I forget that not everyone has the same level of understanding of the workings of the English language as I do.

tl;dr: With a proper understanding of the English language you would know exactly what I meant by my post.

And that, my friends, is all you'll hear from me for the rest of the day, as I've now used up my 3 posts.

edit: As an afterthought, I probably should have just said "I have neither the time nor the money to spend on Yu-Gi-Oh!", as time is also something that you can 'spend'. However, what I said is still accurate, despite the confusion.