Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Yu-Gi-Oh! » I Sold Mah Cards » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Please look at the dates of when the last post was added to a thread as bumping a thread who had it's last post a year ago is not prefered.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Dec 04, 12 at 7:01pmKaiba

I've sold most every card I had that was even kind of worth something. Sold a bunch to coretcg for $323, and whatever they wouldn't take I sold to my locals for $75.

So yeah. Gave up all those cards I wasn't using for $400.

The only thing I kept was my Dragon Exodia deck.

Discuss.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 17, 12 at 5:32pm
Game Over

Kaiba
Aww, thats nice. :3

Dec 09, 12 at 1:50pm
SpOOK

That's... thoughtful.

Dec 08, 12 at 9:36pm
Kaiba

Buy Christmas presents for people.

Dec 08, 12 at 7:18pm
SpOOK

What do you intend to do with the money?

Dec 08, 12 at 12:34pm
Quetzalcoatl

Might as well sell your Neoseeker account along the way.

Dec 07, 12 at 7:52am
Kaiba

How the *bleep* is making $400 off of shit I'm not using a bad thing?

Dec 06, 12 at 5:28pm
AlucardZain

Sad day Kaiba. I hope you will still kickass and take names. Maybe I should do the same thing too, since I don't have a job yet, and theres only a select few I know that still play around me.

Dec 05, 12 at 6:38pm
Psychosis NOS

I'm excited because I understood it perfectly ^-^

Dec 05, 12 at 11:07am
Miragedres

quote Kaiba
much like this entire post probably will.
Damn skippy.

Dec 05, 12 at 10:56am
Kaiba

quote Miragedres
Damn Kaiba. You don't have time to spend money on YGO?
Read my post again:
quote Kaiba
I have neither the time for nor the willingness to spend money on Yu-Gi-Oh!
Nor is a conjunction. Meaning it connects two sentences (with the help of 'neither'). In this case the two sentences are PurpleBlackBlueGreen and PurpleBlackRedGreen.

Of course, had they been two separate sentences, the purple-black bit would be "I don't have" rather than "I have neither". However, seeing as the only difference between the two sentences is the red/blue bit, it makes more sense to go the less redundant route of combining them via a conjuction. Not to mention the fact that "time for" needs to be completed by a verb or noun (in this case YGO), as well as "spend money on" needing the same thing. Seeing as "nor the willingness to spend money on" is not a valid completion of the statement of "I don't have the time for ___", it obviously must be completed by the ending word "Yu-Gi-Oh!". Furthermore, since the completion word is the same for both blue and red, there is no need to state it twice. "I have neither ___ nor ___ [regarding] Yu-Gi-Oh!" should speak for itself, but apparently still manages to go over your head...much like this entire post probably will.

Sometimes I forget that not everyone has the same level of understanding of the workings of the English language as I do.

tl;dr: With a proper understanding of the English language you would know exactly what I meant by my post.

And that, my friends, is all you'll hear from me for the rest of the day, as I've now used up my 3 posts.

edit: As an afterthought, I probably should have just said "I have neither the time nor the money to spend on Yu-Gi-Oh!", as time is also something that you can 'spend'. However, what I said is still accurate, despite the confusion.