Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Help me please. (Laptop LCD replacement) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 08, 12 at 9:38am
reparepado

quote Crusad3r
In all honesty, at this time of the year, you're better off purchasing a new one. Getting a new screen is pretty expensive and time consuming if you want the right one and not a cheap knockoff (which is what that website is providing).

Also, because this is a netbook, you'd so much better off with a full sized notebook for the same price since you get a larger screen and more power with only a slightly shorter battery life (around 15-20%).

If you're adamant on replacing the screen though, take it to your nearest Dell repair store. Fork out the cash for a job done properly.

TommyVercetti101
Crusad3r - I don't know how accurate that statement is, a replacement for the 10v (1011) is about $41 shipped, if you can find a comparable netbook or sale netbook for the same price then you should probably list that in the deals forum. Dell doesn't make their LCD's in-house, no one does. They're outsourced to shops throughout Korea and China. LG, Samsung, Philips, Toshiba and countless others provide the panels in your bottom end and top end systems and it's been that way for at least a decade. What they provide and what sellers on ebay provide are factory matched replacements to the stock panel and sometimes offerings that surpass the stock specs.

Replacing a screen is incredibly simple if you're careful through the procedure and keep track of your screws. There's no "job done properly" about it, you unscrew it, remove the connectors, install the connectors on the new screen and screw it all back together and it's running again. It's not a science it's just a swap that anyone can do without paying extreme premiums because a shop has told you otherwise. I spent a second on youtube to look up Dell 10v 1011 Screen replacement and came up with multiple videos, it's not rocket science.

There are a lot of misconceptions with users these days, the biggest is that system or laptop repair requires a professional service to handle it otherwise you'll ruin everything forever.

Dec 07, 12 at 7:14pm
Crusad3r

In all honesty, at this time of the year, you're better off purchasing a new one. Getting a new screen is pretty expensive and time consuming if you want the right one and not a cheap knockoff (which is what that website is providing).

Also, because this is a netbook, you'd so much better off with a full sized notebook for the same price since you get a larger screen and more power with only a slightly shorter battery life (around 15-20%).

If you're adamant on replacing the screen though, take it to your nearest Dell repair store. Fork out the cash for a job done properly.

TommyVercetti101

Dec 03, 12 at 8:40pm
Tommy Vercetti

So I have a Dell Inspiron Mini 10v(1011) that has a cracked screen so when I went to lcds4less.com they have 2 options available. They have a 10v and a 1011. So I need help on which ones to choose. Anyone have an idea.