Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Crysis 3 » A new generation of PC inadequacy as Crytek releases specification requirements for Crysis 3 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 03, 12 at 8:33ambluexy

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 06, 13 at 8:13pm
lKasHl

bronze0800 I wouldn't worry to much, the recommended stats seem pretty over-stated probably to appease the enthusiast crowd. I'm not saying for a second that you're going to max out frames with the highest settings, but you should get a decent fps with some of the more intensive settings like tesselation, aa and grass physics (or whatever they're calling it) tuned off. Hopefully its like Crysis 1, you could have it melt a high end PC or run buttery smooth on budget hardware without all the effects.

Jan 05, 13 at 5:36am
bronze0800

BLEEP!!!

payed £5 deposit in my local game shop so i can get a copy on release and its gonna melt my laptop cpu and gpu

specs are:

i5-2450M cpu 2.50 ghz

6 gigs of ram (hopefully 2 gigs more of ram may push it jus on to recomended)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M (1gb)

what i got when i used the "can you run it" tester http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

min average and max

Dec 15, 12 at 4:24pm
lKasHl

quote Shadow of Death
Sucks that it's Origin Exclusive. I dunno if I'll get it, I have yet to finish the story for Crysis 1 or 2 XD

I should be sitting somewhere between Recommended and High Performance. Eh, I'll probably be able to max nearly (a couple settings set lower or off for performance reasons).

My GPU is GTX 570x2. Better than the recommended (and there are two of them), but each GPU isn't as good as one 680 by far. It all comes down to how well the game scales with multiple GPUs. If it's good, I should have no problems, if it's bad...Well, it's still above the recommended.

My CPU is several generations old (i7 950, 3.06GHz).
It'll probably handle multi-gpu rigs with performance similar to Crysis 2, which for SLI users wasn't actually that bad, it was horrific with crossfire unless AMD finally patched the drivers (didn't happen within my 3 months of play).

I'd imagine you'd be able to max everything with that rig except for maybe CSAA if you're looking for a solid framerate, maybe a notch down on the tesselation as well depending on how its implemented. With 2x570's i honestly doubt you'd have to worry about anything more

Dec 04, 12 at 4:07am
Blue Neon

quote Huntereb
quote Blue Neon
Really considering not getting it for PC - already have the first 2 on steam would rather have all 3 via Steam for the sake of neatness and the fact that Steam doesn't spy on your web activity '-.-
You mean you're considering not getting it on another platform? The way you talked about Steam there makes it look like you'd want it for Steam.
No, I mean, it is only available on Origin on PC which is pretty suckish - if it were on Steam I would get it. Never on another platform XD

Dec 03, 12 at 8:27pm
Shadow of Death

Sucks that it's Origin Exclusive. I dunno if I'll get it, I have yet to finish the story for Crysis 1 or 2 XD

I should be sitting somewhere between Recommended and High Performance. Eh, I'll probably be able to max nearly (a couple settings set lower or off for performance reasons).

My GPU is GTX 570x2. Better than the recommended (and there are two of them), but each GPU isn't as good as one 680 by far. It all comes down to how well the game scales with multiple GPUs. If it's good, I should have no problems, if it's bad...Well, it's still above the recommended.

My CPU is several generations old (i7 950, 3.06GHz).

I'm exactly in the middle with RAM (6GB). 8GB of ram for a game? I...don't think so.

Walnuts - I dunno about smoking it, but you should do just fine. Your GPU isn't at the "Performance" level of specs though. I don't think you'll get as much extra performance out of your CPU as you think either. If the game doesn't know how to take advantage of the extra cores, they are by and large wasted and your clock speed isn't THAT high (you chose more cores over higher base clock), unless you've overclocked it. It's sitting at around 3.7 (which considering it's AMD, would put it around 3.4GHz equivalent on the Intel side).

16GB of ram is a huge waste IMO, unless you do a lot of heavy duty video/graphics editing. I probably won't bother with 16GB of ram for several computers yet (my next might be more like 8GB, one after that might be 12GB, then 16GB). I might skip 8GB and go directly to 12 or so though, since I don't plan to get a new build for at least another year or so, and the next computer will last me probably 3 more years at least.

Don't get me wrong, you'll play it very well, but considering the specs they're suggesting for highest performance, expect to not to be able to max it out.

Dec 03, 12 at 6:14pm
kin333x

"RECOMMENDED SYSTEM OPERATING REQUIREMENTS FOR PC:
"Quad core GPU" "

I loled.

Dec 03, 12 at 4:04pm
Crafter

but keep in mind the PC version is Origin exclusive.
Funny joke. I'll probably buy it, but I won't be playing it through Origin, if you know what I mean.

*bleep*ing EA.

Dec 03, 12 at 2:10pm
walnuts

Seriously, my computer will be able to smoke this game. 1100T hexcore processor, 16GB RAM, 7870 card...should be killing it on ultra settings.

Dec 03, 12 at 10:37am
Huntereb

quote bluexy
Huntereb I believe he wants it on Steam, but Crysis 3 is Origin exclusive on PC.
Oh, it's just BS EA making it harder for gamers to get their games the way they want it. And seriously? Origin tracks your history? I assume for advertisement, but seriously?

Dec 03, 12 at 10:28am
bluexy

Huntereb I believe he wants it on Steam, but Crysis 3 is Origin exclusive on PC.